Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...Im not getting answers I need in the Bronco 2 fourms so I thought Id try here...

I have an 84 B2 with the 2.8 & a manual...The thing just died(9 years ago) & wont start...I have been working on & off for 9 years & cant figure it out..

Heres what Iv done.
Replaced the coil,TFI,alt,selinoid,rotor,starter...

What could be causing it not to start?.The motor turns over nice,fast & free..Im getting gas & just found out I dont seem to be getting a spark thru the coil...On the coil theres an orange wire thats broken off...What would this be?? I dont see the other part of the wire anywhere & I dug into the wiring harness where it should be..

Could this orange wire be my prob?

Here are pix I took lastnight..Im getting power to the 2 white/blue dot wires & get power comming from the green & orange only when they are pluggd in..

Thanks for the help...Im so lost..

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I'm not sure the answer to your Q, but did you try over on The Ranger Station?

Edit
Looking at my haynes book (yeah, I know :shaking: ), it shows a red/lt. green stripe wire that goes from the coil to a "radio noise capacitor". Is that it? (in which case I don't think that would cause it not to run). That same side of the circuit also appears to be a main power feed from the ignition switch to several circuits (coil, EEC, TFI, etc.). The color of the wires isn't really matching up with your pic though, so maybe that won't be of any help.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure the answer to your Q, but did you try over on The Ranger Station?

Edit
Looking at my haynes book (yeah, I know :shaking: ), it shows a red/lt. green stripe wire that goes from the coil to a "radio noise capacitor". Is that it? (in which case I don't think that would cause it not to run). That same side of the circuit also appears to be a main power feed from the ignition switch to several circuits (coil, EEC, TFI, etc.). The color of the wires isn't really matching up with your pic though, so maybe that won't be of any help.
Thanks...Thats whats confused me...My haynes shows the same thing...The colors dont match up...

All that goes into to coil is 2 white with blue dots wires 1 goes to the "radio noise capacitor" & then its a solid green that goes off towords the pass side of the truck & the solid orange...No reds or lite green...Also the orange wire is a smaller wire than the rest of the wires on the truck

I hate vehical wiring...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
remove the shit that comes out from the coil, that little silver round thing that connects to the coil on the side, i think its one of those noise supressors or a capaciter, no idea reaslly but my b2 died just liek that and it was that lil thing.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobody??..Damn...

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,580 Posts
Well.. if you won't do basic dianostics... like.. do you have 12v with the key on at the positive side of the coil...? :shaking:

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.. if you won't do basic dianostics... like.. do you have 12v with the key on at the positive side of the coil...? :shaking:

Yes I do

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK...I got back at this yesterday...I did all the tests in the Chilton & Haynes manuals & everything checks out ok....

I tested the coil by cranking it over with a spark plug in the wire & I get a weak spark ONLY when the battery is about dead & I let off the remote switch...I havent gotten a spark out of the Dist yet...

Any more ideas??...I think I might take it to a garage to figure it out...I need this thing going soon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts