Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about taking out my 460 and swapping it with a 6.9 PS but I had questions to ask, So first off wondering if any of you guys have done this type of build. If so, besides swapping mounts out. Will the bell housing from the 79 match up with the PS bolt pattern and is there any other modifications required?

·
Registered
125 Posts
A 6.9 is not a powerstroke. It is just an International IDI diesel.
It won't bolt up. bellhousing is different. Since you didn't say anything about transmissions, can't help any further.
And just about everything will be different and will need adapting.
The IDI engines were not that great, why are you trying to kill a '79 by degrading the big block down to a naturally aspirated diesel?

And whoever sold you that engine calling it a powerstroke pulled the wool over your eyes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@broncobowsher. I never said I bought it. Thanks for your input tho and as for the big block comment... We're talking about a '66 352 overhauled to a propane 390 kicking 450 hp. So I was asking questions not actually doing the build.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
@broncobowsher. I never said I bought it. Thanks for your input tho and as for the big block comment... We're talking about a '66 352 overhauled to a propane 390 kicking 450 hp. So I was asking questions not actually doing the build.
..... Relevance?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts