Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These cars any good? Found one for sale w/ 90K miles. Ad says it has a brake prob. I'm looking for a cheap commuter car/truck and came across this. Just wondering if I should go for it.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Great mountain rockets 4wd has a low range. I have had 7 subarus and I would love to have one with only 90k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Wow! did you fall and bump you head in the shower this morning?:shaking:

This is way the wrong place for this!

but I'v got my pop corn!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Those are great CARS. But although they have a 4x4 and low range you shouldn't abuse it like your truck... I had an '86 and after jumping it twice (accidentally :shaking:) the front suspension was pretty much messed up... but I still drove it to the junkyard :D
Then I had a '96 Impreza... drove that one a little bit to fast into... a little bit to big pothole on a dirt road... after that somehow the hood wouldn't close properly and I always heard a loud crack when I opened the drivers door:flipoff2: and yeah there was a 2" gap between the front bumper and fender... bottomline is... Subaru's are great cars but nothing more than that!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
im driving an '85 GL wagon currently. its a hell of a lot better than driving the truck everyday. itll get 400 miles on a tank(16 gal) if you stay out of it. havent really had any problems yet, but i only bought it a couple weeks ago.

i say go for it, then if anything major goes wrong, turn it into a transaxle buggy :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts