·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No carbs after '84 in a 4Runner??

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I know there were in pickups. Not sure about Runners. My 89 is EFI, but that doesn't really help... :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, there were definately no carbs on 85s and up, I have a funny feeling since 84 was a mid-year intro that EFI was available on them as well. Someone once told me no carbs at all on the 84s....but I never really believed that.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I thought so. Found an '87 22R.:rolleyes: Super nice body, Texas rig. I just hope the fool didn't chop out all the wiring.

·
Registered
864 Posts
There are quite a few 22r trucks out there 85 and after. My 86 came stock with a carb along with my buddies 85. There are tons of them out there you just have to find the ones with EFI

·
Registered
864 Posts
Should read the topic better, thought trucks were included, my bad. Don't know about 4runners to much but have seen them with 22r

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
luigi said:
There were still some carb ones up till 87.
Trucks, not 4Runners

·
Registered
296 Posts
not all '85 runners are EFI. that was just the "first year" it was offered as an option

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've never seen a carbed 4Runner from 1985 on, and I've never seen anything but carbs on 1984s. That's just me, but I tend to go off of what I've seen. The 1984 FSM does show the EFI stuff, that's how I swapped the 84 Celica GT 22re into our 84. (The original 22r had a cracked block and I bought the whole car for $300.) I think 84 runners are pretty scarce anyway, and ones that came with EFI are probably a small percentage of those.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've only seen one carbed '85 - at least what I was told was an '85. could've been an '84, but owner's friend said it was an '85. yeah I know, second hand knowledge blah, blah, blah :flipoff2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts