Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im putting a 91 model 454 in my 85 cheby. its currently got a knockin 327 in it so its coming out. my question is the ac comp on the 91 is shot as in it dont spin. i want to keep the serpentine set up. i have the whole 91 truck. what would it take to keep the serpentine system. i really just need alt,pwr steering, wtr pump. will the power steering pump bolt to my steering box or is the lines diff. If it would be easier ill try and hunt all the stuff up for v belt for its laying around somewhere just thought serp would be the way to go. as for the injection its coming off for now till i can figure out what to do to convert to my truck.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
yeah, shorter belt. Measure with string, go to local shop, make them look it up. They can. :D

Be careful you don't alter the rotation of any downstream components though: some motors have reverse-rotation waterpumps. :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill c about shorter belt but what bout the power steering, if the lines wont work can i just pull and swap pulleys?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did the same thing on my small block, I used new PS hoses from the 91 and they fit my steering box, Just had to bend the hard line a little to get it to line up.

And I dont think you can just swap pullys...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts