Vendor
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
85- 4Runner, $750

1985 4runner-$750 o.b.o.
22re-165,000 miles Compression is- 155, 154, 155, 151
Auto trans
Stock Drivetrain

There is very little surface rust on body(seriously little), but there are small holes about three inches long in the rocker panels on both sides due to rust, fenders are good, no rust. Frame has rust but is solid, could be cleaned up with grinding wheel with wire brush attachment. Truck runs very well i was driving daily up until 3 weeks ago. Started it yesterday first crank with no gas pedal. Transmission has some issue. It runs great in first and second shifts smooth, but then it like skips third gear and goes into fourth so it doesn't have alot of torque. once it gets going in fourth then its money. Could be a vacuum problem or possibly third gear is shot, either way it drives and drives well, it just lacks power between speeds of 30-50mph. Interior is brown and very clean. Seats in good shape.
Additional pics can be sent, email [email protected], or Pm

·
Registered
429 Posts
runner?

Pictures of the interior?

·
Vendor
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea on shipping you figure it out, but i will drive it anywhere with in an hour and a half to put it on a truck or train or whatever.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Although it doesnt have the ac i am looking for if it had a really clean interior i may make an offerm do you have any interior pics you can send?

·
Registered
5 Posts
how far from philly?

I live in philadelphia but I just moved here so I am not too familiar with the north east. How far are you from here? I have cash and maybe we could work something out. I am looking for a trail rig and this could be a good start.
Bob

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hey Chase, Whats up man? Is that the runner you were telling me about? Wanna drive it to NC again? :) In all seriousness though, for the right price I might make you another deal.

Oh yeah. Check out the runner with the soft top on. Its still missing a few parts but I made it work. Its real nice in this hot weather.

·
Vendor
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dang Brian the truck looks sweet, yes this is the runner, i bought a truck in MN that is already built so the projects must go. I found another piece for that soft top last weekend i would ship but it's like five feet long and flimsey so i think it would get mangled. Loks like the black one is treating you, well glad to hear it. If you do anything else to it keep the pics coming.

·
Vendor
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I already got a Dana 60 with my name on it, come on pony up the cash. You know you want it. It talks to you at night. Email me with an offer and we will see what we can work out.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts