Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have tried selling this before and have had plenty of interrest but no one showed up with money. Now the truck is in phoenix in my backyard and ready for delivery. It has a solid drivetrain with a recently rebuilt 22r. It has a new clutch and re-surfaced flywheel. The engine is not timed correctly and I might mess with it this weekend but it will start and putter if you hold it at full throttle. With a little adjustment I'm sure it'll be fine. I want 650 bucks cash.

The body is beat. It was an east coast truck and has rust in all the normal areas of the body, but it would be a perfect start for an f-toy (what I was going to do until I bought an f-toy) It also still has all of the efi wiring on the truck I just had a 22r to replace the 22re that was in it.

The engine is also set up with a t3 turbo and dual air compressors. It also has an air injection pump that when in use will allow the truck to pass emmissions with the turbo. I also have a newer exhaust with a custom down pipe that will fit the turbo flange.

The interior is pretty stripped but it does have a working cb and cd player. It has celica reclining seats that are comfortable. Most of the interior trim is gone from the back seats backwards but other than that it is all there.

Like I said above it was originally going to be an f-toy truck so all of the mechanicals are very good but now I don't need it and need to get rid of it. If you are interrested PM me or give me a call 602-565-7908. I'm sure there is more that I have forgotten but feel free to give me a call. I'm also up for delivery for the cost of fuel within 150 miles.

-ben

·
Registered
221 Posts
if you're willing to sell parts how much for the turbo setup. i'd buy the whole truck but i cant afford to haul it to central california.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where in central California? I might do it for fuel or meet you half way or something. Don't want to part it yet because I want the whole thing gone not just parts of it.

-ben

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ben- I am in Phoenix and will be leaving 1/5 (friday). I am driving my diesel, so could get a uhaul and have it gone for you. I am interested in the cab (top), and especially a good block. Can you provide compression numbers, or vouch for the mileage/ condition of the block? If those two items are worthy I will buy it from you. Stephenmast I would put the turbo stuff up for sale. Call me at 661-809-7483, I am in Scottsdale.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well not sure what you want on the cab it is just like the rest of the truck but you can definately come by and see it. I work nights and I am free from about 10 in the morning until 3 pm tomorrow and friday. I called and left a message on your phone with my numbers. let me know

-ben

·
Registered
221 Posts
im right in the middle in merced. i would definitely be interested in the turbo setup if you get the truck though. so if you get it treepolice let me know and we'll work something out. i would need the intake, exhaust, downpipe, and computer. if this is a 22ret though and you dont have the turbo setup already you'll lose a big chunk of power. i th those were like 8.5:1 vs. the regular 9.4:1

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no if you read the post it's a 22r with a t3 adapted to it. This is a common turbo from the late 80s early 90s found in volvos and some Japanese cars. It is not a 22ret. There is no fuel injection in the truck right now. It has the body harness and the computer but not the engine. It is a custom setup that was designed to work with a 22r. It pushes about 7lbs of boost and works pretty well. As for the condition of the engine it was rebuilt 15k before I put it in this truck. It was not rebuilt by me but by a person I trust. I see no reason to think it is not a good engine at all. You can here it crank over and it'll probably start eventhough I haven't started it in over a year.

-ben

·
Registered
711 Posts
Would you be willing to make a trip back to the east coast with it? If so how much? What gears are in the extra case? Is it an auto or five speed?

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
probably cost more in fuel than the cost of the vehicle, but I can figure it out if you really want. Might want to look in the hauling forum and see if anyone is heading back from this area. The extra case has stock gears. It is a 5spd.

-ben

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can't believe there is no one local that wants this thing for at least the drivetrain. I'll try to get some picture up of the engine here in a couple of minutes

-ben

·
Registered
196 Posts
im in AZ. you interested in any trades? i really want this thing.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I might pull it out to Vegas for the WeRock event out there but you would have to pay for it first and the fuel out there when I get there. Only trades I might be interrested in would be 30 spline cromo long fields. Maybe some upgraded rear toy shafts but that's about it.

-ben

1 - 20 of 38 Posts