Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '86 22RE newly rebuilt with a new RV head w/oversize valves that won't start. I get codes 6 and 11 but those leads don't help-I'm going to take the throttle body off and check it more closely. It cranks nice but no fire. Probably missing something simple. Want to sell the original OE head-newly rebuilt with cam but can't find a good venue.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Did you remember to plug the coil or the AFM back in? Also, check the connectors. Maybe they're just dirty. Perhaps, the ground strap that is supposed to be on the back of the head. Just a few ideas to start with.

·
popeye
5,625 Posts
Did you remember to plug the coil or the AFM back in? Also, check the connectors. Maybe they're just dirty. Perhaps, the ground strap that is supposed to be on the back of the head. Just a few ideas to start with.
i forgot the ground on the intake for the computer and had the same issue

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Thanks for the ideas-it was a wire from the ignitor to the distributor. All fixed!
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of, when I referenced the coil. Used to unhook that one just enough to where it looked plugged in, but wasn't, when my ex would take my truck for a joyride all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts