Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The cv's had to be changed to a t100 cv to allow for the added track width and keep 4x4. That stupid bumper will be replaced by a TG tube bumper soon. Probably play with the fender situation in the back after the shock hoops and shocks go through the bed. Oh yeah.... hell no I haven't considered SAS! Don't mention that!

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
I am just fucking with you. Reading the shit you type reminds me of any toothless tweaking fuckstick from Georgetown ca.

Build a crossmember between the mounts for the backs of the control arms and bolt in a skid plate to hold the front suspension together. Or you will be sorry with a broken front differential and a paperweight ARB. Maybe even support it from impacts by running stiffeners from the trans crossmember to the bottom of the control arm brackets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Figured you were. Not a toothless tweaker. I did put a brace on the back side of those a arms. I think the skid plate is probably a good idea.

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
Trust. It is. Unless you want a front suspension that fucks up your tires and is not able to be aligned after your first drop into a ditch.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I'm starting a desert truck build. Hybrid crawler/racer on my 86 4runner.
Are you worried about the weight of the runner while trying to make a pre runner?
I'm not trying to build a pre runner. This thing is more hybrid all purpose. 5.29s and a duce duce RE keep it slow and low power. In regards to weight, there is plenty of suspension to take it. I also had deaver custom build those rear leafs with and added 500lb mod.
The reason I brought up the weight question was because of the first post. In my mind a "desert" truck labeled as a "hybrid crawler/racer" is going to see some speed in the wide open whoops. Weight is a killer in this department and the 1st gen runner is a bit of a top heavy pig with its fiberglass top.

IMOP this just isnt the best platform to start with. I gutted Krunch http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/731541-blueberry-krunch.html and got it down to 3650lbs. I understand this is what you have and your plans revolve around it. If it was me, and I was using this to go as fast as I could in the desert with it, I would ditch the hard top and gut the hell out of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah the rear shackle will make contact with the bumper mount. Guess that bumper is gonna have to go. Any of you guys got any good ideas about front and back fender modifications? I want to make it totally clear but not look all hacked up...nice and clean. I've been looking at glass for the front but most of them look like shit. I saw a guy on here that fabbed up a set out of his stock fenders and another pair. think that's what I'm going to do. Ideas for the back would be great!
Rear pickup glass and front Hanneman Ivan clip

What's your location?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Pretty sweet actually although id hate losing the sleeping spsce by running through the bed area.
Is it on 33" mtr's?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts