Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 86 steering box, i got from the junkyard, on my 84 and it is leaking from the input shaft and i would like to rebuild it. where can i get a rebuild kit?
does anyone sell a whole kit?

thanks

brent

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Question on adjustment of these beasts? I've got one - if you adjust the play out of it while the wheel is "centered" - it's not as easy to turn at full deflection. I assume this is because it wears more in the center position.. Still ok to adjust it at center position and have it tight on deflection?

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
There is the adjuster screw on the top. Loosen the nut, crank down the screw as tight as you can then snug up the lock nut. And you may need to compromise it a little, a bit loose in the center a bit tight at the ends. The tight spots will wear in after a while and it should get easier to turn.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I adjusted the play on an 93 4runner box yesterday, on SAS taco. now my steering wheel continues to turn but the wheels aren't turning anymore and it seems I lost some turning radius. any ideas???
thx in advance

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
azgrumpy said:
I adjusted the play on an 93 4runner box yesterday, on SAS taco. now my steering wheel continues to turn but the wheels aren't turning anymore and it seems I lost some turning radius. any ideas???
thx in advance

That makes no sense at all to me... Unless you've got major steering failure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts