Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '87 chevy 1/2 ton truck with alot of rust. I just bought an '88 2WD with a bad motor and was wodering how involved it is to swap the '88 body to the '87 frame? I have the beds off both trucks and the front wrap off the '88. Is it possible to pull the cab and front wrap off the '88 in one piece? I like the solid axle design of the older truck but the body style of the newer truck. Besides the newer one has electric windows, locks, and air. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
do alot of measuring! i had a 69 gmc on 82 k30 runnin gear but the 69 bed came up 4in short of fittin. that was no prob i just ran a flatbed but i also had to completely fab up body mounts. to make the cab and front clip sit level the rear cab mount was about stock heght but the front cab mount had a 2in body lift, and the front group mount had a 4in body lift. also the rear cab mounts were in different spots. just measure alot and be very sure of what youre doin before you do it! good luck

·
Registered
293 Posts
oh and i forgot, the trans hump in a 2wd cab is usually lower than a 4wd cab. you will either have to cut the floor and put in a bigger hump, or run a body lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts