Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here is what i traded the $500 fordillac for

its an 88 bronco with a 302 and auto trans. one of the first things im going to do is pull the pos body lift off. i am going to leave the ttb on. the plan for this is an all around wheeling rig that i can take to the dunes and the local trails. im going to lift it 4-6" and run 35-36" tires on it a cage and do some sort of locker in the rear. but any advice on a good lift would be appreciated. im also having a hard time deciding on tires. im trying to decide between boggers, baja claws, and the tsl sx. what would you all suggest for an overall mud, rock and sand tire?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
oh! parts truck! :D if you need some, ive got some. :D

boggers all the way. and ditch the 8.8 for a 9". i love mine.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet.
too bad i swapped my 9 into my ranger already. not like their hard to find though. i was thinking of pulling the rearend from our pos f-250 thats sitting out back its an 88 also so wouldnt the spring pads be right? and im pretty sure it has the ttb 44. also couldnt i just swap parts between the 2? so i have 8 lug. and at least a stronger rear.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
ya id ditch that trailer hitch. its a little... um... huge? lol. that really reminds me of where mine started off... crappy 33" muds... that was about all it had.:D great project truck.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya id ditch that trailer hitch. its a little... um... huge? lol. that really reminds me of where mine started off... crappy 33" muds... that was about all it had.:D great project truck.
yea i know the hitch is way too big. also b/c of the body lift :shaking: but that will be gone as soon as i find a good suspension lift.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nevermind on the new pics thing. i had a little incident with the motor today.. i was driving through town and the motor started running really shitty and knocking REALLY bad. it died on me 4 times trying to get it home (only about 6 miles) i made it about half way and it finally died and wouldnt start again. and a question for the portland/ hillsboro locals what shop would you recommend price/quality wise to put a new motor in?
(i would do it myself but just dont have enough time.)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Those Bronco's are tough machines. I've got an '88 w/ the 351W with the TTB and welded 8.8 w/ a 6" lift. I've got 1/2 tread 36" TSL's and beat the piss out of it, and it keeps wanting more. Lift it and proceed to give it the beating of a lifetime!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those Bronco's are tough machines. I've got an '88 w/ the 351W with the TTB and welded 8.8 w/ a 6" lift. I've got 1/2 tread 36" TSL's and beat the piss out of it, and it keeps wanting more. Lift it and proceed to give it the beating of a lifetime!
yea im sure it is. if its anything mike my 79 bronco i had it should do pretty good and that overpriced pos was open diff with a 400 and 25% tread 35 15.5 15 claws. but as of today from my last post it needs a motor before i even think of lifting it..

·
Registered
115 Posts
did you check the oil, perhaps puting some 20w in there would help the knock. also would find out why it wouldnt start? fuel,electrical? etc.. before dumping money into a new motor

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea all of the fluids are fine. i gave it a full tune up right after i got it, i dont think anything would help that knock it sounded about like my f-150 did when the motor blew up. (and that was 3 shattered pistons and connecting rods) it will start today but after moving about 10 feet it dies. thats if it even makes it that far. and it has about 200k on the original motor. and a new $1200 trans a little over a year ago (i found the reciept when i was waiting for somebody to show up with a tow rope)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as soon as it gets back from the shop i think its going to get a new set of 36" sxs on it, a little trimming and a little lift. :D

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
as soon as it gets back from the shop i think its going to get a new set of 36" sxs on it, a little trimming and a little lift. :D
no lift. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
88" Bronco Parts for sell

Hey Guy:

Good looking Bronco. I have a 88' Bronco that I am in the process of pulling the TTB out of the front end and putting in a Dana 60 with a detroit locker and I am pulling out the 8.8 rear end and putting in a 14 bolt in the rear end with a detroit locker in it. I have a 6" lift on my Bronco and I was running 38's on (TSL SX 38x12.5x15). I am now running 37x13.5x15 Irocks. I have also installed a K&N air filter plus a throtaly body spacer on it. I rebuilt the C6 transmission and had a low stall converter in it. I also installed a high prefomance cam and lifters that gives me the most power between 1000 to 2500 rpm. It will burn all four tires with the EFI 302. I am also putting in a full roll cage in it. I will get pics as soon as I can.:evil:

I am selling the rear end which has 4.10 gears with a Detroit locker in it. It also has 32 spline axels in it. It also has traction bars on it. I replaced the driver side rear brake cylinder. I have the cylinder for the passenger side that needs to be replaced. I have extra axels for the rear end. I am asking $800.00 for the rear end with all extra parts.

I am also selling the TTB front end that has a Dana 44 center chunck. It has 4.10 gears with a Detroit locker in it. The passenger side axels and locking hub are in good shape. It has new U-joints in it. The driver side axels is gone due to me breaking it on a ride and the locking hub needs to be rebuilt. You can get all the parts from Jeff's bronco graveyard.(www.broncograveyard.com) I am asking $350.00 for thr front end

I am also selling both front doors and the rear tailgate. The rear window works good. I replaced the motor in it less than a year ago. The window motors in the front doors are in good shape. The passenger side window motor was replaced by me 6 months ago. The buttons need to be replaced. They have no dents in doors or tailgate. I am asking $40.00ea for the front doors and $50.00 for the rear tailgate.

I am also selling the front seats and the back seat. They are in good shape also. I am asking $50.00 per seat.

I also have 5 ea beadlock rims by Eaton. They are a year old. I and asking $90.00ea. They must all go together.

If you or anyone else are interested in any of the parts I have for sale you can call me @ 770-312-9780.

Good luck with your Bronco, I LOVE MINE:D
Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts