Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the question is will a 351W with Efi accept an intake from a carbed mootr. I have a guy who wants one pulled from a 1 ton and into his boat. Will it fit or are the heads drilled different?

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
It'll fit just fine. Just don't forget to change the fuel pump.. 45psi to a Holley could make for some fun times with the fire extinguisher :flipoff2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know ill have to change the timing cover to one with a mech fuel pump boss in it but the guy at Ford said it uses a different intake and the bolts go in different like the older ones are drilled square to the head surface and the efi ones are straight up and down to the intake valley

·
Registered
130 Posts
This summer when I did my 302 swap I bought a 302 long block for an 86 Mustang that was origanaly EFI and slaped an alum intake that fit my carb and it works great.
Justin<><

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not sure when the change was made, but there was one. I tried to put the intake from an '87 351 HO on a '74 351. Bolt pattern was all wrong. Only 6 or 7 out of 10 bolts went in. I ended up getting a Performer, for the right year engine.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Not sure where the change would have taken place. Sice my block is '70 and the GT-40 is a '94. Now there is either 1 or 2 extra bolt holes in the intake that would bolt on to the newer blocks. There isn't even any metal for the intake to bolt to, next to the dist. But other then that all the bolts went right in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts