Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brothers and Sisters

I need help again. I have an 88 Trooper with a fresh rebuild on the 2.6L.
You guys helped me with the trany when I first got it. It was running good until the head gasket blew. When I pulled the head I decided to rebuild the whole thing. I had it done at a shop in Knoxville who went bankrupt. Long story short, I got it back running but now the transmission wont go into overdrive. I've checked the temp sencer under the intake that wire is grounded. I've checked the ground wire from the transmission to the drivers side wheel well. What else should I check before I try replacing the TCM? :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4Xtoy
What would you want for the TCM and would you ship it? Give me a total and let me know how to make the arrangements. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Brothers and Sisters

I need help again. I have an 88 Trooper with a fresh rebuild on the 2.6L.
You guys helped me with the trany when I first got it. It was running good until the head gasket blew. When I pulled the head I decided to rebuild the whole thing. I had it done at a shop in Knoxville who went bankrupt. Long story short, I got it back running but now the transmission wont go into overdrive. I've checked the temp sencer under the intake that wire is grounded. I've checked the ground wire from the transmission to the drivers side wheel well. What else should I check before I try replacing the TCM? :confused:
UNPLUG THAT SINGLE WIRE GOING TO THE TEMP SENSOR , THE BROWN ONE IF THE SENSOR IS SHORTED IT WILL KEEP THE TRANS FROM SHIFTING INTO O/D IT KEEPS THE O/D LOCKED OUT UNTILL THE ENG WARMS UP, SO JUST LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED , IF THE TRANS IS UPSHIFTING LIKE IT SHOULD IT IS NOT LIKELY A TCM PROB, DOES THE TRANS UPSHIFT LIKE IT SHOULD ALL THE WAY INTO 3RD GEAR JERRY

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JL

I thought the sensor wass supose to short at temp. The wire that was on the sensor was shorted to the block when the motor was rebuilt and ti has not shifted into OD sence. I'll remove the brown wire from the block ground. Thanks!

Kerbear62

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JL
The trany shifts good all the way through to 3rd then, no OD. Tomorrow I will disconnect the frown wire and see what happens. Thanks!

Kerbear62

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trany problem NO MORE!

Guys

Especialy JL! Thanks much. I found that the brown wire for the temp sensor was connected to the AC compressor clutch and the green wire for AC was just hanging after the rebuild on the motor. When I unpluged the brown wire and pluged in the Green to the AC everything works great.

Thanks again:smokin:

Kerbear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts