Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so heres the deal, The jeep is an 88 YJ with the 4cyl TBI (supposedly with a newer motor from a 94??)

I have been chasing this fuel problem for my buddy for a while now, I am NOT acquainted with jeeps at all. It came in with a no start problem, and no fuel at the bowl.

This thing was broken into about 9months ago, and the colum ripped up, it was fixed and it ran fine. Then it sat for 5months and now we have no acc. power, (figuring that the colum must be fubar'd)

We ran a line directly from the battery with a switch and a breaker on it, at least to get the fuel pump power. (also replaced the fuel pump, so that is new) So the fuel pump runs, and it presurizes the line (we did a fuel filer and blew out the lines too, because I had a tiney bit of rust at the TBI)

I have plenty of fuel at the lines outside of the TBI bowl, but the injector isnt quirting, i pulled the injector assembly out (under the (2) #15 torks bolts ring) out and it gets fuel there, I have blown it out with the air gun, and taken carb cleaner to it, (figuring there was varnish in it) and no luck. We did get it to run, at one point, for about 5min drive down the road, then it would die, it did this about 5 times.

Is there a way to test it?? to see if the electrical connections on the top of it are working?? Multi meter maybe?? Could it be a computer problem?? I am totaly out of answers except for the injector... Please help me get this POS outa my garage and out wheeling! I need the space! :LOL:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I just went out and checked it again, I tested with a test light the 2 sides of the connector that plugs into the injector, and didnt get a plusing test light??? do I need a mulit meter for this?? sombodys gota know something!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts