Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Driveshafts were a major holdup, mainly due to cost. Because of the doubler, I have a pretty short rear DS, and pretty extreme angles, I also had exhaust clearance issues up front, limiting my tube size. These axles also have 3.50 gears in them putting even more load on the driveshafts, and I have no interest in regearing(I have 123:1 crawl with the doubler)

The only real solution was was 1410's with 2.5" x .25" tube.... :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Also, I was able to actually back it out of the garage, It felt good to see it move under its own power for the first time in almost 9 years.... The big block sounds rowdy with headers and 3" duals. :smokin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Got the frontend done last weekend...
I have had a set of 35 spline yukons sitting under the bench 8 years, so they finally went in, along with a new cold forged 1480XC's, and solid flanges.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well this is relative to my interests :grinpimp:

Deets on the rear winch? I see old posts about it being all hydro?
It's a 20K PTO unit, but I have a hydraulic motor mounted to it to convert it to hydro.

When I started putting this thing together 8 years ago, I had a pto pump setup off the 435, with plans of using that for big rear winch, and the front MM10.5 hydraulic winch. I have since ditched the pto pump, and have an engine driven clutch pump for it. :smokin:

However, for the time being, for the sake of time and money(have a trip planned end of may), I just have the front winch hooked up to the power steering, and the rear will be there for looks(for now)

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Got the seat mounts done yesterday, and test drove it some around the house. It wheeled pretty decent on the 27" rubber, but I was itching to get the big rubber back on it... After some quick measuring to ensure it would actually fit out the garage door, The boggers are back on it!

Still tons of work left, but atleast it feels closer..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
My ricer racing seats mounted up pretty decent, I also layed the harness in to prep for making mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
My ricer racing seats mounted up pretty decent, I also layed the harness in to prep for making mounts.
Man dude. This must be revival night of the old Pirate 🏴*☠ fucks from back like 2005, 06 etc! That thing looks absolutely awesome man! It’s come so far from the old U.P. of Michigan days.

I just finally figured out how to log back in on here, and am able to post from my phone, so that will definitely make wasting time muuuuucch easier.

When do you wanna shoot to have it “done”...... (for now of course) ??

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Man dude. This must be revival night of the old Pirate 🏴*☠ fucks from back like 2005, 06 etc! That thing looks absolutely awesome man! It’s come so far from the old U.P. of Michigan days.

I just finally figured out how to log back in on here, and am able to post from my phone, so that will definitely make wasting time muuuuucch easier.

Plan is to leave may 27th for the UP for a 4 day wheeling trip, It's going to be a push, and there is going to be some compromises made from how I originally wanted to do things, but after 8 fawkin years... I can live with that..

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Got the harnesses mounted up this weekend, and cobbled the stock hood latch back on it, both seem to work nicely. I also added more tube to the front to protect the lights, and tapped the ends of them to mount the fenders.

While it still has a long ways to go before its done, I did make a few passes over the rock course in my field, and managed to test out the rock sliders a few times..:smokin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
This afternoon needed to measure for limit straps, so I put the wife to work running the tractor. $15 each shipped from nexgen offroad for tripple plys, 24" for the rear and 22" for the front should be perfect.

I also found that even with 1410 joints I still bind slightly on the rear t-case yoke, some quick die grinder work should fix it though..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts

dont forget about vin diesel....

fawking monster truk is monster.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
no i moved back home to detroit about 5 years ago sort of....

rarely home...mostly wv/oh and now in pa working.

but....yeah. still driving my ranger. actually just brought it home.

its like a baby version of his thing. but more junky. not welcome in pa.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
awesome to see updates on this a almost forgot about it as been so long :grinpimp:

The sad thing is, the two major inspirations for this build.. yours and Dunerx's, have both been finished AND parted out, as well as the successors completed..

But honesty, In this time I've also built a 89 bronco on 35's with lockers, worn it out, and swapped the drive train into a 95' 5speed bronco for wheeling/mud racing..

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
no i moved back home to detroit about 5 years ago sort of....

rarely home...mostly wv/oh and now in pa working.

but....yeah. still driving my ranger. actually just brought it home.

its like a baby version of his thing. but more junky. not welcome in pa.
Oddly enough, about about 4 years ago The night before my wedding,.. We(former classmates of mine) were all drinking my garage, staring at this derelict POS.. And my Buddy/former classmate/housemate, Todd(from TRS) says "hey did I tell you I met BW at a gas station this summer? it was pretty cool" Small world..

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Not much progress today, I cleaned the garage a bit, and finished the exhaust up.. I HATE exhaust work.. I actually thought about turning around my "almost mufflers" t the quiet way, but the sticker said I couldn't, and I always follow the rules.. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

In other news.... It sounds pretty fawkin' rowdy for a stock big block.. Definitely a fan of headers and 3" also, I expect several pairs of panties hanging on my mailbox tomorrow after lighting it up at 12:30am..

Also the tube clamps from northern tool kick ass for any type of tube work..

Attachments

61 - 80 of 115 Posts