Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've read "The Bible" and saw no Ford rears in it, then I did a fairly thorough search function and read plenty on late 70's Chevy FF dualies (found two of those .. '76 14 bolt Chevy dualies) but I can't even see any mention of a Ford dualie rear ??

This other one I found in a really old yard yesterday is marked as a "1989 Ford 250 w/3.55 ratio.
I'ts very similar to the other two late '70s Chevy dualies near it ... all with 14 bolt covers, huge drums, and FF hubs ...
Searching for info, the only thing I could find was on the ARB site ...
ARB sez I might be a 1985+ Ford 6250 lb. 10.25" ring gear dia full floater with 1.5" shafts and 35 splines ... ARB PN: RD 37
Can anyone enlighten me on this one?
Good candidate for my next project or junk??

Oh, and another yard just brought in 3 1996 Ford 350s w/ high pinon fronts ...
They want $1350 for a complete front axel but I might be able to buy just a housing as one has had the shafts pulled out of the long side ...
I]m guessing those are the ones being converted to high pinon rear ends?

Thanks in advance for any info ...
I'm working up to build a stretched and coiled YJ ala Jim Peterson or something similar for this winter's project ...

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Jaffer ]

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Ford didn't make a dually f-250... Not at least until 99? maybe... It would have been
a conversion package...

·
Premium Member
19,779 Posts
Originally posted by Sherpa:
<STRONG>Ford didn't make a dually f-250... Not at least until 99? maybe... It would have been
a conversion package...</STRONG>
hmm, Cherchion (sp?) made that most likely,
I think they used either a 10.25 with DRW spacers or a D80

1 - 3 of 3 Posts