·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you put 12 bolt axels in the 9.25 housings

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
if you are looking to get 6 lug, then there are other options.

wheel spacers that change the bolt pattern

swap the whole axle

sell the rig and buy a ricer

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Most 9.25s are 5x5.5
Do what the Jeep guys do and send your axles to Moser or dutchman, and have the flanges redrilled. chevy/toy/waggy 6 lug pattern is 6x5.5 same radius. Much easier than trying to get 12 bolt shafts made to fit. I think that the rate was 100 or so a pair from moser last time I checked.

·
Registered
463 Posts

did a sas on a 94 dakota jeep trk frt --9.25 in the rear -- i redrilled 9.25 axles and drums to six lug --it was a eight lug out of a 89

·
Registered
78 Posts
There was some talk of 8 lug 9.25 axles over on PS.

From what I read, there may have been early light duty 3/4 ton 94-95 Rams with an 8 lug axle shaft and the 9.25 rear and 8-lug D44 fronts that use the bigger D60 unitized hubs.

I have never seen them before myself, but there were several guys posting over there that swear they did have them. FWIW

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these are 5 lug axles. i dont want to use slowpar things. 6 lug is just more common. i just got the axles cheep. the 44 is getting changed to 6 lug.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
these are 5 lug axles. i dont want to use slowpar things. 6 lug is just more common. i just got the axles cheep. the 44 is getting changed to 6 lug.
Then use a fucking 12 bolt. Putting 12 bolt shafts in a 9.25 because you "dont want to use slowpar things" is a strange course of action.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we have a 1939 plymouth with a 383 with twin turbos. the dodge 44 has weak looking hubs. would rather have chevy things. the 9.25 looks way bigger. but if i had 6 lug we would only need on spare tire. your himi has nothing on the plymouth. so shut the hell up.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
we have a 1939 plymouth with a 383 with twin turbos. the dodge 44 has weak looking hubs. would rather have chevy things. the 9.25 looks way bigger. but if i had 6 lug we would only need on spare tire. your himi has nothing on the plymouth. so shut the hell up.
Dude you are going to sit here and tell us that you have a 39 plymouth with a$12-15000 motor in it and you are going to go with chicken shit axles???:rolleyes: :shaking: You are a fawking clown... Go to a fawking speed shop and get a cut down d-60 with your choice of gears and what ever the fawk lug pattern you think looks good enough for your junk...

But this is a MOPAR forum..... I think maybe you should go to the chevy or maybe even the newb forum.....:flipoff2:

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
There was some talk of 8 lug 9.25 axles over on PS.

From what I read, there may have been early light duty 3/4 ton 94-95 Rams with an 8 lug axle shaft and the 9.25 rear and 8-lug D44 fronts that use the bigger D60 unitized hubs.

I have never seen them before myself, but there were several guys posting over there that swear they did have them. FWIW
Yes there are 8 lug 9.25's and yes there are some unitized 8 lug d-44's... I dont think that they have the dana 60 hubs though... But I could by all means be wrong..

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
6 lug is more common? On what planet? 5 on 5.5" is just as common. Dodge, Jeep, and Ford all used it for years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was just wondering. now i know the splines are differnt. thanks. the axles are for a toyota. you people get in to this shit way to much. there are alot more toyotas in paradise than any or rigs.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If the Hubs are internal then Ford, Gm and Dodge are all pretty much the same strength. If they are external, yeah, they are a little weaker. But youre gonna change them to GM stuff anyways.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts