Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yukon only sells gears for 2011 and up 9.75 axles so I did a little digging and found a set of ford gears that are listed as, (to 12/20/10). Of course the fitment chart says they do not fit my truck. But my guess is I can use them if I buy the correct pinion bearing for this swap and the special crush sleeve, just like Yukon said I needed with their gears. Just looking for some experience 9.75 axle info from those who know more than my internet knowledge.

Looking at installing 4.10 gears in my 2010 F150 that has 33 inch tires.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never handled any of the newer 9.75 steerling.

Id call ed (ext #113) @ west coast diff and see what he says.
Thanks, I sent them and email and they were very prompt getting back to me and even sent me a quote for the parts I needed. He said yes, I can use the newer 2011 ford gears in my 2010 axle with the correct conversion pinion bearing.

For now I think I will keep driving the 3.73 as they seem to be settling in a bit. I know the noise won't go completely away but what do I have to lose by driving on them for awhile. I don't even have 300 miles on them yet. The 4.10 gears sound good so I am sure I will install them some time soon. Will just keep shopping for a killer deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts