Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting a 90 4-Runner that was 4x4 with 3.0 to a Chevy 350 with a 700 R4 and in the process it will be swapped over to a sas and a custom front straight axle, it will be a 2wd once completed and will sit up as this will be a pre-runner style street legal truck. My question is this, how can I adapt my speed cable to the 700R4 as I will not have a transfer case? Any help would be very nice. You die hard crawlers don't beat me up to bad as I have went through many 4x4s and that is not what I want or need in this one. Again, thanks for any help. I am also going to run the waggy stock springs and need to know can I mount the hangers in the factory Toyota mid 80's loaction on the front spring mounts and rear shackle mounts or do they need to be re-loacted because of the lenght of the springs?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
beachtaco said:
if you're setting this up as a pre-runner style, why ditch the IFS? 99% of the pre-runners/desert trucks are LT IFS. just curious.
I think he meant to say "SHOW TRUCK :rainbow:" but was afraid to admit it

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Dude, this is the Pirate4x4 Bulletin Board. Notice 4x4? Not the Pirate It Looks Like a 4x4 But Its Not Bulletin Board. I think that you should keep it a 4x4, there is no reason to go SAS and not use the front axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.