Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I started with my old 1990 3/4 ton DD. In the winter of 2006-2007 it got SASed and the box shortened, then beaten up. The wife and I had our second kid so I needed more seats and I wasn't going to put another full size body on. A friend suggested that I do a s10 blazer body and on it went in December of 2008 and made its first big trip to moab in march of 2009. In the 2009-2010 winter I put the 241/205 doubler in which can be found here. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871556
This winter I am finally tired of my front spring hangers being a snow plow, so the front frame is getting chopped and 3 or 4 linked. I am now leaning towards 4, but we will see how it goes. Also some other goodies added in.
The list of parts-
Ruffstuff Brackets
Ballistic fab joints all around
ballistic D60 truss
Hereticfab heat treated links
Psc full hydro, single ended ram
Virgina 4x4 double capture, springless steering arms w/ bushings from WFO made by Reid Racing
16" ORI's from blacksheep
BB TBI
comp cam
custom chip
Pics are when it was a DD, First trip out on the SAS to South Dakota, right before blazer body went on, first trip on blazer body, one from last summer showing my snow plow out front

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The Saturday after Thanksgiving I started taking apart my running, working truck. Now I have the front clip and core support off, and the frame chopped as of last night. Just playing with the tape measure and eyeballing what the layout of everything is going to be. Also debating about using 2"x3" tubing for the frame or 1 3/4" DOM. Going to use 1 3/4" for the exo and probably for the shock hoops as well. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
I will have to look. I started the body swap the first weekend in Dec and had to have it ready the last weekend in February. So I was on a tight timeline, didn't take to many pics along the way. Something specific you had a question about?
Nothing in particular, I just like seeing other s10 builds, and see if there are things that other ppl have done different than what I have done with my s10. :D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
what size tires are those?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Cute little 36"s.:shaking: Its what i have and i have my $$ blown on all the other new parts, so they will probably be on for another year. I should end up with a really nice approach angle even w/ these.
yea i was wondering, they look tiny. youre low range has got to be retardedly epic with those tires, and your axle ratio too :eek: thats cool

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea my low is pretty stupid. It's fun to screw with though. I really like double low 2nd and 3rd. Little lower than single low 1st and 2nd. Someday I hope my tires will grow up. I keep buying other stuff though. Looking for a tire sponsor for a family trail rig if anybody is interested! We could do a full wrap of the truck with your logo:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sweet! I need to get my truck linked up but your spring hangers were way bad!

Can't wait to see how it turns out

·
Registered
417 Posts
your CO2 tank is way to pretty for me! SD is questionable for us too. Blazer bash might be the only big trip this year. You going for that?

Yes sir I will be there, already saving up for it, this year we will need to actually get together and run some trails. The CO2 tank has got alot of use its not so pretty anymore.

Looking forward to progress pics on this.

One more thing I would use the rec. tube on the frame, seems to be easier to mount stuff off of.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes sir I will be there, already saving up for it, this year we will need to actually get together and run some trails. The CO2 tank has got alot of use its not so pretty anymore.

Looking forward to progress pics on this.

One more thing I would use the rec. tube on the frame, seems to be easier to mount stuff off of.

glad to hear you will be making it to BB. We definitely need to run some trails. I was leaning toward the rectangle but was undecided totally still. Between mounting stuff and price I will probably use it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, I never saw a pic of when it was a lowrider. Definitely come a long way. Sounds like we are coming up Sat if you want me to take a look-see still.
Lowrider yes, headache rack even better. Here are the link calculations for those that don't read the general. Any input is greatly appreciated.
I can adjust my upper links, with length, hieght from ground @axle from 24-26" and also at the frame from 25.5" to around 29". Also I have some play at the axle on the horizontal separation from around 9-10". Was trying to keep it around 9 so the angle stayed @ or above 40*. Lower links don't have much room for adjustment. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not a ton of progress, been busy with the tape trying to figure out the links. Here is last night though. Got the exhaust out of the way, the old shackle mounts cut off, the front axle cleaned up and the Ballistic truss touched up to fit how I want it to. I hate grinding.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 137 Posts