Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 12 years together I am separating from my Jeep. :shaking:
All kidding aside, between career, school-past-40, kids, other hobbies and a small garage; I have accepted my run with off road vehicles has come to an end. 5 vehicles later, I think my current Jeep combines the best of what I have learned.
My build intent was simple. Keep COG low, keep it junkyard simple, overbuild the drive-line, remove under-body catch points, armor it up and enjoy.

So here is what I am selling: SOLD!
○ 1990 Jeep YJ body and frame. Factory soft top, 1/2 doors w/ best top skin.
○ 1997 Jeep ZJ 4.0 motor
○ NV4500 and Atlas-2 w 4.3:1
○ 1989 WJ Dana 44 axles front and rear. (I kept these 6 lug for the better spindles and bearings)
○ ARB's F&R w/ 5:38 gears
○ Five 36x12.5 Swamper SX (custom cut) on 15x10 Allied bead locks
○ 4 wheel 3/4 ton disc brakes
○ Corvette master w/ Line-Lock and adjustable proportioning valve
○ 4" National springs
○ Dynatrack U-Bolt flip kit
○ Dynatrack grease-able shackles
○ Daystar 1" body
○ TJ flares w/ body removed to the seams.
○ 4XD gas tank skid
○ Full custom under body skid pan
○ Full cage. Cage ties to 1/4" plate skids and is a 6 gallon air tank
○ Warn XD9000 winch
○ 1997 Saab heated leather seats
○ Factory rear seat
○ Tuffy center console​

Here is the downside:
I previously managed the fuel and ignition with an electromotive TEC2 system that died on me in Moab. Rembering my "junkyard simple" approach, I decided to go back to the stock MOPAR MPI setup. I still had all the original 1997 sensors and harness from the ZJ motor and I picked up a full 1995 system including the computer from another ZJ. I also bought and installed a HESCO crank position sensor. Then…well…I just stopped.

At this point it does not run and I will never carve out the time to finish up the work so I am looking to unload it as a rolling project.​

I will include almost all the parts you will need to get it running plus a ton of trail parts. (drive shafts, steering, U-Joints, brake lines, etc…you know the drill)

I have about $30k and 2 years into the build. If I could get $5k for it as is, I would be really happy.

Jeep is located in Seattle, WA.

-Eric

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bump for a good deal!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the interest in the jeep. I suspected those who know what it takes to build one would realize what a great deal this is.
Instead of emailing pictures, texting, etc. I did a walk around video with my phone and posted to YouTube.

1990 YJ - YouTube
December 10, 2011 10:49 AM - YouTube
Bump for a fun walkaround video. Lot of nice touches on this rig sir, like the fuel pressure thing and OBA. Super capable with simple SUA setup, with high steer.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Jeep

The last Youtube posting was full screen does any one know whay the first vid was not?
Looks like air out front to.

Any thouights on were the New ECM will mount.
Richard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The last Youtube posting was full screen does any one know whay the first vid was not?
Looks like air out front to.

Any thouights on were the New ECM will mount.
Richard
Not sure on the YouTube question. Both were uploaded from my phone so they should be the same. I think any video can be viewed full screen though.

Yep, my air is plumed out front. Off the quick-air is a water separator, manifolds, ARB's, roll cage and an air line out front.

ECM looks like it should mount on the passenger side fender well near the quick air. I had also considered mounting in the cab to keep it protected but not sure I want to extend the harness for that. Options...options...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts