Pirate 4x4 banner

1421 - 1440 of 1657 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Comment and a couple requests.

Comment, when I would take people for rides in helicopters, I would always brief them "fire extinguishers are not for putting out the machine, they are for putting out the pilot". I think you should have at least one available to point wherever you choose.

Requests, could I get another pic of that heater? Source? Also, we need some "outside" pics. (Even if just in the driveway)

Note, why do the tail lights look yellow when lit? Is that legal?

·
Trail Tampon
6,041 Posts
amazing work. obviously its all been said before on this incredible build, but you have have completed something that i can only hope for. your patience and planning is well documented. i hope yall have a great trip.

thanks for taking the time and effort to share your skill with us.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,427 (Edited)
Outstanding job, what a neat fit. The dash looks excellent. Love what the interior is turning into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks rooster!

Still in awe of this build and all the details! Can't wait to see some pics/video of it out in the woods.
Thanks bones!

Comment and a couple requests.

Comment, when I would take people for rides in helicopters, I would always brief them "fire extinguishers are not for putting out the machine, they are for putting out the pilot". I think you should have at least one available to point wherever you choose.

Requests, could I get another pic of that heater? Source? Also, we need some "outside" pics. (Even if just in the driveway)

Note, why do the tail lights look yellow when lit? Is that legal?
It may be confusing in the pics, the 5lb bottle behind the seat is the suppression system. The 2.5lb overhead is a handheld ABC, on a TMR quick release. There is also a 5lb ABC on the exterior c-pillar, also on a quick release.

The heater is a flex-a-lite Mojave heater.

^ Faded old as tail lights is my guess.
This. But pics make it looks more so. They are red, just 27 year old red...

amazing work. obviously its all been said before on this incredible build, but you have have completed something that i can only hope for. your patience and planning is well documented. i hope yall have a great trip.

thanks for taking the time and effort to share your skill with us.
Thank you very much. We're not done, there is still more I will be doing, but it is ready to wheel!

this times infinity

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
TBD
632 Posts
this times infinity :beer:
Can't time it more than infinity, but yes, all of that. Thank you for sharing this build with us and taking the time to answer questions and explain your reasoning for doing things the way you did.

I wasn't 100% sold on the interior, but with the seat in there and the lighting I'm starting to really dig it. The fab is spectacular, there was no doubt of that. Just had a hard time seeing it come together. Well done sir.

This thing really is amazing. The work that it takes to build something like this and the privilege of watching it come together as the builder intended. Don't really have the proper words. Absolutely outstanding.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,429
Can't time it more than infinity, but yes, all of that. Thank you for sharing this build with us and taking the time to answer questions and explain your reasoning for doing things the way you did.

I wasn't 100% sold on the interior, but with the seat in there and the lighting I'm starting to really dig it. The fab is spectacular, there was no doubt of that. Just had a hard time seeing it come together. Well done sir.

This thing really is amazing. The work that it takes to build something like this and the privilege of watching it come together as the builder intended. Don't really have the proper words. Absolutely outstanding.
I enjoy all of a build, especially everyone's input and ideas. I try to answer every question, I wish more threads were that way.

Thank you west!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I enjoy all of a build, especially everyone's input and ideas. I try to answer every question, I wish more threads were that way.
I think there's lots of threads where all the questions get answered, but there arnt that many with your skill and attention to detail. (Not to mention OCD)

I'm sorry for all my dumb questions. But I got a few more. I looked at the heater site. Doesn't give much detail. Have you run it much? Does it have differnt speeds? Is it noisy? Does it seem to be high quality?

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
I'm sorry for all my dumb questions. But I got a few more. I looked at the heater site. Doesn't give much detail. Have you run it much? Does it have differnt speeds? Is it noisy? Does it seem to be high quality?
https://www.flex-a-lite.com/pdf_instructions/640-99857.pdf

They're 3 speed with a rotary switch.

Everyone I know with one has been happy with it. I wouldn't say whisper quiet on the ones I heard, but not screaming like a worn out GM fan.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,433
I think there's lots of threads where all the questions get answered, but there arnt that many with your skill and attention to detail. (Not to mention OCD)

Haven't run it enough, and sound wise, can't hear it over the truck, which isn't much of a testament, lol.

Before during, and after...

Matt

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Man, that thing has a nice stance. The "sleeper" theme is so cool. I could see a lot of guys driving by thinking, "nice wheels for an old Comanche". Unless something catches your eye like the shock mounts or the fancy sheet metal in the wheel wells, you might miss it. If they stop, they'll be staring for an hour.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes that is dead on ride height. Wheel travel is 7.5" up in front, 9.5 " in rear. 18" belly, 115" wb, roof 74".

Noteworthy; the 4410 bomber is the same wheelbase, belly, roof, primary spring rates....(although mine have a slight negative pre load at the moment, should be very close once complete and trail ready. )

Thanks guys, it was good to have it outside, and step away to look at it.

Matt

What did the rocker height end up as? (or bottom of door height)

·
Registered
388 Posts

They have three speeds. The first two aren't too bad full blast I would consider loud. But it has been a good heater and they do throughout good Heat.

1421 - 1440 of 1657 Posts