Pirate 4x4 banner

1441 - 1460 of 1657 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Oh man, I would love to tune this thing. :smokin:

Nice work. Both love and hate the detail at the same time. Love that you have the time and talent, hate that I don't. I'm a simple builder.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,442 (Edited)
the proportions look great outside.

Wow!!!

That baby is the ultimate sleeper. Great job getting all that killer fab work under the factory skins.
Thanks Hurley. I'm tickled with the outcome. It's about 98% how I pictured it 2 years ago, sleeper wise. Now, let's see if the performance is where I wanted it to be!

awesome car. Looking forward to videos of it working

im not finding it if you mentioned it, did you make or purchase the door bar 'hinges'? are they steering clevises?
Purchased, they are roll cage specific. I'll dig up the post for you with the info.

What did the rocker height end up as? (or bottom of door height)
I'll get a full spec sheet up in the next week or so.

Oh man, I would love to tune this thing. :smokin:

Nice work. Both love and hate the detail at the same time. Love that you have the time and talent, hate that I don't. I'm a simple builder.
You can...i intend to tinker, but wouldn't mind for a pro to take a shot at it, once wee see where it rolls out.

Just for info;

150/150 front, 1.5 preload; and 225/250 rear (prob go to 300 bottom) 1.5 pre load. BUT , then I put the skids on, lol, it's now at 2" preload front and rear to get 7" up in front and 9.5" up in rear- at target ride height.

The Comanche body has a built in rake from back to front. Rockers and bottom of door are level, but it looks high in the rear. I'll keep it this way, but I would prefer the bedside was level, but then the subframe and doors would be off.... Real world problems .

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,443
Some tin work last night...

Drivers engine cover

Catch all tray

Passenger floor

Overall

Matt

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Could you post a link or p/n for the three wire LED blinker marker lights you used? Thanks! And thanks again for taking the time to share all of this with us.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,446
Could you post a link or p/n for the three wire LED blinker marker lights you used? Thanks! And thanks again for taking the time to share all of this with us.
Sure will
I think a "catch all tray is a great idea. I think you'll use it more than you think, but I don't understand how stuff will stay in there.

Anyways, everything looks great.
The seats and belts are up against both sides, tightly. I'll add side boards of I see necessary. Basically a place to drop my gloves or empty koozie or maps, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Made some more headway on the front end today. Still a few more pieces left to address.

Matt
Your work is fantastic. I am working my way through this entire build thread and getting some good ideas and inspiration. Thanks for taking the time to document it all!!
What kind of clamp is that in the picture?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,453
Still not home... gotta love holiday interstate traffic...

Gonna spend the evening with my boy Mattix, missing him.

I'll post a lengthy trip recap and few pics tomorrow.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,455
your rig was getting posted all over FB this past weekend.
That's what I hear, lol. I don't use fb, but my wife and kids do, they've been keeping me posted. Busted Knuckle and Madram both did a quick walk around video.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,458 (Edited)
Finally .

I'll try to break this up into a couple posts so that it may be easier to quote for questions or comments.

Enjoyed thanksgiving with the family in the afternoon and then back to the shop. My good friend @jeepn-jason (go to @336jlc on Instagram for first drive video, sorry I don't know how to link from IG) came over to give me a hand for the final touches; thanks again buddy! Finished the passenger tins and put the seats and harnesses in for the final time about 11pm. My stepson and first co-pilot Carter has a video on Instagram as well (@toddcarterjames) but his account is private, you will need to request to follow to view.

Loaded and ready to travel for RBD around 3am.

10 a.m. arrival to Stevenson Alabama @Bustedknuckleorp for RBD 2017.

Few wheeling pics courtesy of @jeconn. Sorry I don't have more, but my little co-pilot is to lazy to get out for pics or winch assistance.... Just ask @jeconn and Mike Houston...... Carter caught a little hell for that. (But he sure does photo and video a bunch of silliness like most 11 year olds...)

Cont...

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,459
Before and after...

@bustedknuckle and @MadRam11 media

I don't do Facebook, but if you like go check out their walk around and comments... there's some funny in there. (I looked through on my wife's account).

No more pics, but if anyone was present feel free to post here, it would be much appreciated.

Cont...

1441 - 1460 of 1657 Posts