Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 model 22re 4 cylinder powered 4x4 pickup idles eratic ,the engine acts like it surges up and down and is worse when the brake are used .also the brakes are real spongy feeling but the master cylinder checks out ok. you can pull the big vacuum line on the throttle body ,right in front of the idle sensor and it will level out. I cant seem to figure what is causing this and is about to make me do something drastic like buying a ford or chevy !Please help I love my Toyota
Thanks, James

·
Registered
184 Posts
i got same truck. same prob. someone told me it was a vacume line problem. the truck is under sas construction, so i cant really check it out yet. if your problem is the same as mine, the surging does not effect anything really.. it just annoys you.

so i guess check the vacume lines

·
Registered
726 Posts
OH I had the same problem in my 1985 4 runner:

1ST I GOT A NEW: O2 sensor and made sure I soldered it too.
very important too,

on the spongy brakes,

just go buy a Master cyl and boooster for a 1990-94 4x4 P-up toy "V-6" and that will make you happy, buy compleat too and drom a bone yard,make sure the Brakes master is squarish too the V-6 Brake fluid lid that is.

100% Better brakes now too.

tie up your rear brake prop-line, = full brakes BYAS then,:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
and a small hole in the air pipe going from the air cleaner to the throttel body too

the accord-ian tube some how got a small crack-were it BENDS to the T/Body **(I siliconed and all is well now)**

youll fix it,just dont give in

Always run NGK or NipponDenso's in your toy(spark-Plugs that is ) also

Always run factory cap and rotor too,
factory spark plug wires are awsome too,crimped like 5x's on the boot/too/wire,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts