Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OUTLAW MOTORSPORTS
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new to the jeep stuff got a fuel problem, cant seem to get power to the fuel pump checked relays, fuses , is there anything im missing

91 yj 2.5 fuel injected

·
Registered
750 Posts
Easy bro, your first post was at night, then you're expecting a response the next morning? Your post is hard to read, try using punctuation.

You need to get a multimeter and see if the ECU is sending the fuel pump any power. Have a friend try and start the Jeep, if it reads 12 volts then you either have (1) a ground problem at the pump or (2) your pump is bad. If the multimeter isn't detecting any voltage and you have replaced the relay, you could have a bad ECU. Can you hear the relay tick if you turn the ignition to accessory?

I had the same problem on my 95 2.5L. I found out that the ECU had gone bad. I bought a ECU and wiring harness from a guy on Pirate for $100.00 shipped. I had already removed the tank, so I figured I'd see if the fuel pump was working. I took my battery and connected it directly to the pump and it fired right up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
On the drivers side. Behind the rear wheel, inside the frame rail, you should see wires leading up to the top of the tank (fuel pump/sending unit). There is a connection block that you should be able to access, by pulling the wires back a bit. You should be able to disconnect the connecters and use a meter to test for power to that point. If you have good power to that point, then you need a replacement fuel pump/sending unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts