Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I figured I would ask here first as this is the best bb for 4x4's.
Ive got a friend whos not able to post much.
We're working on a 93 ranger with the 4.slow in it and hes gone thru numerous used MAZDA M5OD-R1. garbage 5spds.
Question is this...have you heard of anyone thats done a T5 swap into a 4.0 not 2.9...James duff was working on a kit but put it on the back burner and so did AA.
I heard a rumor that coast mustangs or something makes a kit but cant find any info.

Thanks for the replys

James

·
Registered
232 Posts
3vze said:
Hey guys, I figured I would ask here first as this is the best bb for 4x4's.
Ive got a friend whos not able to post much.
We're working on a 93 ranger with the 4.slow in it and hes gone thru numerous used MAZDA M5OD-R1. garbage 5spds.
Question is this...have you heard of anyone thats done a T5 swap into a 4.0 not 2.9...James duff was working on a kit but put it on the back burner and so did AA.
I heard a rumor that coast mustangs or something makes a kit but cant find any info.

Thanks for the replys

James
Theres one person that use to make custom bell housings to do this.. Ill see if I can find the site...

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I have ripped 2 T-5 in a mustang w/ only 300 hp. There are not that strong especially for 4x4's. I would call AA and ask if they make an adaptor for a NP435 of the ZF 5 speed to mount to the 4.0. Good luck

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
go for the zf tranny the 435 is good but the throw is so long it barelyl fits in the ranger cab

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I've seen bells for both hard to find found them a few years ago debating between zf & T-56 ended up with zf & a 5.0 instead so didn't need the bell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts