Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put a HJ75 3 core rad in my 7m powered LN65, gives a decent amount more core area than the stock unit. From memory it's the same width but much taller. I had to notch the ribs in the bonnet to clear the cap and it sits below the frame at the bottom but I added some armor basically level with the main leaf to protect it (stock hanger).

From memory different engined J75's had the same dimensions with the inlet/outlets in different places.

Since adding AC I have trouble keeping it cool on the freeway in summer, going to ditch the shroud as it's sitting right on the core due to space constraints and I think making things worse. If that doesn't work I think I'll try venting the bonnet just behind the rad.
I run 2x deep 11" spal pullers. No expansion tank, just overflow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the blocks are about the same length but you get a single row serpentine belt while I have a 3 row crank pulley to deal with.

I went with electric water and PS pumps to get pulleys out the way and free up room. The 2 fans straddle the crank pulley with about 7mm of clearance around the sides and the same back to the timing cover. Shit's tight. Alt and AC are both below crank centerline to keep their belts out the way.

I'd say i have 10-15mm between rad and condenser. With a bit of work you can use a RZN149 condenser which will work better with R134a than the old style.

Keen to see how much chopping you have to do to get the mr2 unit in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts