Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 4 cylinder wrangler and i was looking into how difficult it would be to swap in a v8 from a grand cherokee. I was wondering what would be involved in the swap besides mounting, cooling issues, fuel delivery, and hooking up the ecu. Also is this swap worth the work? Are their going to be any issues with drive-line lengths.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I am about to do basically the same thing in my 94, sourced a 318 from a 93 dakota. So I can't tell you anything from experience yet, as I am about to start the swap in the next 2 weeks.

What I have found from hours of searching the web: You can mate the 318 to an ax-15 from a 4.0 wrangler using an early v6 dakota bellhousing. Need to change your input shaft shaft on the t-case to mate up to the trans. Then the trans should sit right on your stock mount, and allow use of stock 4.0 driveshafts. (recommend sye and cv tho)

I dont know what your transmission thoughts are, I am just going for easiest and shortest.

I was just out looking at the wiring part of the project to see what fun it will be. Looks like hell, but everything I have read said it's only a few wires, just gotta find which ones.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 93 4 cylinder wrangler and i was looking into how difficult it would be to swap in a v8 from a grand cherokee. I was wondering what would be involved in the swap besides mounting, cooling issues, fuel delivery, and hooking up the ecu. Also is this swap worth the work? Are their going to be any issues with drive-line lengths.
if you feel confident and do your homework you should be able to do it. look at www.novak-adapt.com and www.advanceadapters.com. i have been looking into doing the same thing but i havent looked into a motor from a cherokee v8 i have looked into ford and chevy. make sure you get motor mounts that allow you to move the motor arround in the engine bay so it doesnt mess with the steering and flex fan and firewall

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was going to be coming with an auto i want to have a standard in it so i am going to look into that a little more. I was more so looking for info on the wiring since that is always a night mare. I was just looking for some insight on this particular swap as far as it being something simple or being a nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts