Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 4.0/4.6L engine 93XJ engine wiring harness 87YJ recipient. Anyone have the FSM for a 93XJ engine wiring harness? maybe even a 87YJ also. Does anyone have info on the five wires that are needed to connect and start the engine? I have found the wires i need for the starter and have ran a wire from the relay to ignition so the starter will turn the engine over. I have grounded the fuel pump and ran a positive wire from fuel pump to the front of the vehicle when i give it power though i hear the pump kick on but no fuel the pump is a e2000 inline... is there a relay that allows the intake sending unit to allow fuel to flow?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
should be a fuel pump relay in the PDC (there is in my 91 donor PDC). you need to go through that although i can't see why the engine wouldn't run with a direct hot to the pump:confused:

EDIT: make sure you have the pump aimed the right direction and not pumping back to the tank. it has been known to happen:emb4:

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Also. . .

I had a similar problem with my new external pump. Appearently, my wires where crossed. I found this by trying anything. I swapped the wires at the pump and the jeep started in less then a second.

And I second the double check and make sure the pump is not backwards and pushing pressere into your tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your posts. i figured it out though! I first had to apply pressure to the line and bamm! 91octane burst right out! :smokin: i guess i was just weary not wanting to run the pump to long dry and burn it out i have a good flow now i just have to get a gauge to figure out what ive got going to the regulator. All i have to do now is figure out the PCM and how to get power to it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Thanks for your posts. i figured it out though! I first had to apply pressure to the line and bamm! 91octane burst right out! :smokin: i guess i was just weary not wanting to run the pump to long dry and burn it out i have a good flow now i just have to get a gauge to figure out what ive got going to the regulator. All i have to do now is figure out the PDC and how to get power to it.

good news!
yeah i don't know how long you can run the pump dry and you would hate to fawk it up. they aren't cheap. keep your receipt. i burned an E2000 up on the trail, fortunately had a spare. returned it with less than a year on the receipt and got a free replacement. thought that was hard to believe but i didn't argue:eek:

the PDC gets power directly from the battery to one of the side terminals on mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know what number on the PDC in order from top to bottom the fuel pump relay is for some reason its not showing it on the chiltons manual

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey i know its been a really long time since i have posted on this but i have still not completed my project!!!:shaking: I have the jeep cranking and gets fuel to the fuel rail. I still do not know which other wires i need to hook up to power the PCM or the other wires that are needed to complete this ongoing project of mine. I have 1 month to finish this up as I am getting out of the military or I will have to sell it and loose a ton of money! Please help if you can!

·
Registered
254 Posts
what do you mean by sp?
Edit: i'm retarded, spark plug.
Okay, I'm sure you have a bunch of odd wires on the engine harness not hooked up to anything?
Get a piece of wire with alligator clips, hook one side to the battery, then to each one individually, and try starting it. One of those wires is your dist. power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts