Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94.5 or 95 Pickup. Not Tacoma. I'm having a running problem where there is a slick hestitation coming off of idle cold. Once it warms up this hestitaion is much worse. Also when the engine is warm....when the engine is rev'd it holds (maybe increases slightly) the RPM's after you let off of the throttle. Problems that have been found and havent seemed to have have in effect on solving the problem. Main powerwire to the fuse box had been previously repaired(before I got the truck with speaker wire). Replaced that wire with the correct guage wire. Also have checked/replaced TPS with no change. Any suggestions please?!?!?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check that later. I don't think that is the problem b/c it does the same thing if I move the linkage by hand but I will double check it. Also this problem is much worse under a load than just sitting running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i've got the same year/model, and the same problem, i think. it's hesitant off idle. touch the gas and takes a second to rev up. then it's even more hesitant letting off the throttle. it holds it's rpm level for a second or so, then ramps down way too slowly. tps has been replaced and adjusted to resistance specs. any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts