Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have dana 35 / 30 combo (yes i know weak axels i dont care) i plan on soa using s-10 leafs in the front jeep drop pitman arm and i need to know what can i use for readily available parts to use for steering components (i plan on high steer) any info would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
By the time you get the less available high steer for the D30, you could have bought D44's front and rear and put a flattop and high steer on that.........Just my .02

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
By the time you get the less available high steer for the D30, you could have bought D44's front and rear and put a flattop and high steer on that.........Just my .02
or even 10 bolts. you can find those things in any junkyard and parts are unlimited for those things

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Don't use those junk axles unless you 1. plan to run small tires, 2. never leave the street, 3. have a 2x4 under your gas pedal.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
At the VERY least find a dana 44 out of a tow package cherokee...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't use those junk axles unless you 1. plan to run small tires, 2. never leave the street, 3. have a 2x4 under your gas pedal.
im only runing 31 inch tires its only used to get to hunting/fishing spots and its never reafed on and the front and rear axels are $200 4.10 gears lock rite rear and disk brakes... axels are not of concern only steering components

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
im only runing 31 inch tires its only used to get to hunting/fishing spots and its never reafed on and the front and rear axels are $200 4.10 gears lock rite rear and disk brakes... axels are not of concern only steering components
Then you're wasting your time with doing the swap IMO. You won't be gaining anything. S10 IFS is fine up to 33" tires.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Then why are you doing an SAS?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then you're wasting your time with doing the swap IMO. You won't be gaining anything. S10 IFS is fine up to 33" tires.
im pretty much maxed out on lift that the torsion bars will give me unless i buy the 6 inch kit and theres a few spots on my property that only the quad will (sort of) get through so i planned on sas to get it sitting a little higher and im running a smaller tire because i have a few wash outs on my property and with the 2 inch of body and 3 inches of suspention on 31's it tucks the tires completely as im am getting through it .... its just basically the lay out of my land i will be better off doing this ... so any help on the steering would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have yet to find an obstacle that was easier to traverse on 31's than it would be on say 35's.....

But since you're too lazy to search and actually look for this information yourself I don't find it hard to believe that no one wants to just give you the answer.... D30 swaps have been done hundreds, if not thousands of times. Start by actually searching, I'd probably look in the Jeep forums since those are Jeep axles.....:shaking:

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
I have yet to find an obstacle that was easier to traverse on 31's than it would be on say 35's.....

But since you're too lazy to search and actually look for this information yourself I don't find it hard to believe that no one wants to just give you the answer.... D30 swaps have been done hundreds, if not thousands of times. Start by actually searching, I'd probably look in the Jeep forums since those are Jeep axles.....:shaking:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

well sorry for not knowing how to look stuff up my bad. fuck i should be hung from a tree and lit on fire for being suck a curious person ... shame on me i was told not to post on here ... now i see why. dont worry i wont be back to check on this thread again. id hate to have some one help me out you might get a migrain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts