Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Im new here and ive got a question for yall. I installed a 3" rough country lift on my 1994 d21, cranked the torsion bars moderatley and then proceeded to take it for a wheel alignment. Come back to pick it up and they say they cant allign it because theres no adjustment to fix the front end from toe-ing in. I think there clueless but so am i so thats why im here lol. does anybody else have a rough country lift? if so can you post pics of the front of your trucks and let me know how much you cranked your t-bars. Thanks ! BTW i know lifting a IFS is stupid but i figured for a year or so it would be better then nothing for a project hunting truck. SAS hopefully soon! :mr-t:

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
The camber and caster are adjusted with shims that install behind the shaft that the upper control arm pivots around on the frame. Toe is adjusted with the tie-rods. These are fairly basic vehicles for alignments but are getting old so a lot of shops probably lack the knowledge about how to work on older vehicles. I had issues years ago getting alignments on my Frontier because a few of the shops I took it to lacked someone that actually understood alignments (as opposed to the mindlessness of doing what a computer says).

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
That shop is stooped.

See the thing hanging off by the rotor? They adjust for tow in.

I don't have aftermarket uca's but I set my torsion bars so there is about a 1/2" gap at the top bumpstop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts