Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I took a stab at skinning a bed side with Lexan.

It's ok, I don't love it. I'm debating redoing it but not sure I dislike it enough to spend the time on it.

I also keep hearing the back looks like the front, definitely don't care enough to redo all the rear tube work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I want to say it's around 115"

Yeah, well more like gave it away with the truck. I took a beating on that whole deal. He paid 5k for the truck and got 3k in turbo/head with it.
Well damn. I kinda wanted to hear you still had those..

Progress is looking good. Best of luck on that wiring.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Cool project and looks like a lot of work to tackle. I absolutely hate that rear tube work the PO did at the tailgate. :barf:

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well damn. I kinda wanted to hear you still had those..

Progress is looking good. Best of luck on that wiring.
Yeah, it was an early 22r head and manifold. Market was limited and i just threw it in with the sale. Kinda one of those things where I was over it and wanted to clear space for my new project.

Cool project and looks like a lot of work to tackle. I absolutely hate that rear tube work the PO did at the tailgate. :barf:
I'm not a fan of it either but not really sure how to unfuck it without getting myself a ton more work. One of the goals of buying a prebuilt truck was to reduce the amount of time I had to put into something, so I'm having to make compromises in places.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Totally understandable. You can change that stuff over time. Looks like you have a lot of other more important shit to sort out. That wiring looks so bad!

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Totally understandable. You can change that stuff over time. Looks like you have a lot of other more important shit to sort out. That wiring looks so bad!
That's what I'm thinking too. I can deal with ugly for awhile.

The wiring is legitimately scary. Really all the plumbing too, hydraulic lines, brake lines, fuel lines. It all needs re-done.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That is pretty bad:eek:
It is :laughing:

A lot of that is for stereo thats getting pulled or lights that don't exist anymore. A ton of that will be deleted. My biggest question is what to do with the fuse box.

I honestly haven't spent a ton of time looking at it yet, I'm in denial about it

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
It is :laughing:

A lot of that is for stereo thats getting pulled or lights that don't exist anymore. A ton of that will be deleted. My biggest question is what to do with the fuse box.

I honestly haven't spent a ton of time looking at it yet, I'm in denial about it
I used a Eaton marine relay/fuse center and a small fuse box(constant powers) for everything in my 40buggy. It's more than enough to run a 3rz and all my accessories. If your not planning on keeping it truck like inside with stock heat, key, lights, dash ect. I'd just rip it out and start fresh. Probably be a good idea to strip all the garbage out and seeing how bad it really is then.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wrapping up the fabrication on the back.

Battery/fuel cell mount are done except the straps for the cell.

Radiator mount is done.

Bed floor is done.

I'm figuring out how to run the radiator hoses. I think I'll cut out the cab behind the drivers seat, run flex hose under the cab then use aluminum tube under the floor to connect up to the front.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Some progress.

Started running radiator hoses. There wasn't enough clearance between the fuel cell and cab, so I cut out a section of the back wall and floor of the cab.

Hoses are temporarily mounted, they attach to aluminum tubing under the floor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The interior is mostly gutted.

All the stereo and aftermarket wiring is gone. It really isn't so scary now. I'll make a really simple dash.

The factory dash bar that the steering column mounts to was only attached on one side, so I need to make something to support the column.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
Time to make it RHD for giggles.

Curious if the toyota water pump gets overworked pushing fluid that far and high? No experience, just a thought. Adds a lot more coolant capacity for sure.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts