Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new wife is pregnant, and in just a couple more months will no longer "fit" behind the wheel of our Probe GT. I am looking at a 95 4 Runner, SR5, auto, 4x4, v6, auto hubs, in decent shape with 106,000 on odo. I was wondering about the recalls on that year v6 (1995, last year for crappy 3.0), issues with the auto, and thoughts on value, and what money would be considered a deal. Keep in mind this will be a street only rig for her, I have an 83 truck and 85 solid axle runner.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
I have the rig you are looking at, except mine only has 90k on it. When I sell it soon...I will be asking $8500...won't get it, but I am starting there, hope to get about $8000 for it, but I think even that might be pushing it. The engine is gutless on these, tranny works fine...call a Toyota dealer with VIN and have them see if it has been in for the head gasket recall. Mine apparently has because I am not in the computer.

Oh yeah, I redid the rear suspension with OME mediums, and new shocks all around.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I think they were using a really heavy duty auto tranny during that year.

The 3.0 is a PITA to work on, gets bad mileage (15), and doesn't have much power. I searched to find mine with a 22RE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts