Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 C2500 I've been towing with. It has a 454 with TBI and runs great but I would just like to see if there are any upgrades to help the motor. It has a chip and K+N type filter but what else can be done to help these motors make more power and/or improve fuel economy?

Also, does anyone know what the stock power numbers are on these motors?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
snobrder said:
I have a '95 C2500 I've been towing with. It has a 454 with TBI and runs great but I would just like to see if there are any upgrades to help the motor. It has a chip and K+N type filter but what else can be done to help these motors make more power and/or improve fuel economy?

Also, does anyone know what the stock power numbers are on these motors?

Listen to me!! Visit CFM-TECH.com and purchase the following:

Hypertech Power Charger
CFM-TECH TBI Spacer (sweet design, read about it)
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Pressure Gauge with Adaptor
Injector Pod spacer

These mods will gain you a noticeable power gain, and and increase your MPG's.

You didn't mention any exhaust mods, so if you haven't done so already, I would suggest going with headers and a flow-through exhaust system. Stay away from any chambered muffler such as a Flowmaster as they don't really flow all to well. The ideal muffler to use would be one that you can see straight through like a Dynomax Bullet, Dynomax Ultraflow 6" round, or hell, even a straight pipe.

I can speak for everything mentioned above.

Next, you could install a set of roller tip rockers to reduce engine friction. You could then order the bored/polished TBI unit with matched injectors, but if you are going to do this, you may as well throw on some 454 heads and have a custom chip burned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts