Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
automatic trans attached to a 12 valve...

heres the problem, when not completely warm shifts slowly into 2nd gear and then will not get out of 2nd gear.. acts like its stuck in a higher gear. what could the issue be?

·
Registered
148 Posts
you would probably have better luck on a diesel forum with this question, but hows the fluid look? i would drop the pan and check the front band adjustment, tear the VB down and clean it all really good, possibly get a shift kit and install while your in there, they are cheap enough and if your comfortable working on motors its not too hard to do any of this stuff, just watch everything as you take it apart

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
How does it take off? Are you sure its not taking off in second?
Once its warm its ok?
Off hand I think the servo is applying too slow. There is a pressure tap that you can hook to and see, the seal rings could be worn or broken. It will need a gauge on it to really tell though.
If you want any info on checking it pm me, I can send you some stuff. I build trannys and specialize in dodge diesel performance.

·
4X4 HACK
2,970 Posts
If your trans fluid looks like your oil maybe you should have a flush done. If there is a shop around your area that performs BG services there tranny flush cleaner is AMAZING. But it only works is your problem is deposit related, which it sounds like it could be. But again is your fluid is like new and clean you will most likely waste the money.

I use BG products everyday at work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts