Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dads 95 Ranger stopped shifting, so I checked the fluid resevoir to find it empty. So after filling it up, Im sure we need to blled the system. There is alittle rubber plug below where the line goes into the tranny. Is this where to bleed and how do you do it? Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
513 Posts
I changed my clutch and had a time bleeding the brakes not too long ago. I never could get them bled until someone told me a trick. There is a bleeder valve at the tranny. You use this to bleed it enough to get a pedal. Once you have a pedal just get in the truck and pump the clutch. It took me over 45 min to get all of the air out of the lines. Just sit there and pump it till your leg wears out then do it some more. It will eventualy get all the air out. I tried gravity bleeding it and using the valve to bleed it for days and couldn't get it to bleed. Finally I found someone who told me how to do it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
SittonHigh said:
I changed my clutch and had a time bleeding the brakes not too long ago. I never could get them bled until someone told me a trick. There is a bleeder valve at the tranny. You use this to bleed it enough to get a pedal. Once you have a pedal just get in the truck and pump the clutch. It took me over 45 min to get all of the air out of the lines. Just sit there and pump it till your leg wears out then do it some more. It will eventualy get all the air out. I tried gravity bleeding it and using the valve to bleed it for days and couldn't get it to bleed. Finally I found someone who told me how to do it.
That's the gist of it. I had an air bubble stick in the slave cylander somewhere, and literally had to bounce the truck by the back bumper. Me and a couple buddies jumped on the bumper and bounced the truck for about 5 mins, and bled the clutch like you bleed a brake system. pump the pedal like 15 times, hold to the floor, then crack open the bleeder screw on the tranny, and some should come squirting out. Just repeat that til the pedal is good, and all the air is out.

Also, before you try all that, try and filling the resiviour up, and pump the pedal some. I've had friends who have had the resiviour go dry, they just dumped fluid in and it started working just fine. Either way, good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts