Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
It's a DD, so walmart ain't gonna be carrying ammo for that bitch.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
I love the first guys look...

:eek: fawk am I dead?!?!?!?! :eek:

:homer: I'm not :homer:

:grinpimp: :D:grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
so does the size of the projectile make it DD?
yes. Anything over .5" (or is it .5" and up?) is considered a DD unless an exception is given by the atf. 12 gauge shotguns, for example, are not DDs only because of an exception due to their "sporting use", IIRC.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
yes. Anything over .5" (or is it .5" and up?) is considered a DD unless an exception is given by the atf. 12 gauge shotguns, for example, are not DDs only because of an exception due to their "sporting use", IIRC.
Correct.

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
I'm a complete noob with big bores, but how efficiently was that muzzle brake functioning? I know it's going to kick a lot, but I've put rounds through a BMG that I'd imagine was a lot lighter than that and the recoil was nowhere near as extreme.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a complete noob with big bores, but how efficiently was that muzzle brake functioning? I know it's going to kick a lot, but I've put rounds through a BMG that I'd imagine was a lot lighter than that and the recoil was nowhere near as extreme.
a 750 grain bullet in the mid 2k fps range is going to be a completely different animal than a 2500 grain bullet at 2200 fps.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
wikipedia says SKS got a sporting exception for it, though no reference was given.

Also said its $40 a cartridge or $10 for each bullet since they turn them on a lathe apparently

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
see newton's third law for an explanation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts