Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Cool build!

Is that 60 you have 35 spline? Using the 70 seems like a lot of extra cash into it to replace all the guts.

The old 60s you had to bore the spindles to get a 35sp 1.5" shaft in, not sure about that Dodge application.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you
I haven't pulled the shafts to check yet. Maybe today. But everything I've read says they are 30 spline. Front and rear.
I want to say the 70 is 32 spline. Not sure.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good news. I finally got a response from Apoc Ind. We'll see what happens.
Also decided to go with the 70. $200.
I really wanted to run 5.38s but I guess I'm going with 5.89s. Oh well.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I talked to Josh at Apoc Ind. yesterday. Great guy! I guess there was a problem in manufacturing. He said he would be sending out the correct part in the next day or two. Great customer service! Once I got to talking to someone.
So now I should be back on track with the shackle flip.
He's probably not on here, but thanks Josh!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update
Got the fuel tank moved
I need to figure something out for the filler to make it look cleaner. It does work though. I might be a redneck, but i ain't that redneck...

Got the parts from Artec Ind. They are awesome and fit great. they come with 7/16" grade 8. Im using 1/2" so i drilled them out. Also my bumper is mounted with the same bolts so I burned them in. Less of a pain to remove the bumper.

Also some Ruff Stuff spring perches to move the axle back

Super happy how it turned out and getting rid of the factory blocks. The rear is a little higher than i wanted but Im ok with it.
side note;
super motor keeps turning my photos and i don't know why, i also like my computer so i switched back to shitbucket before my computer ends up in the creek...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks
Maybe I'll see you on the trail one of these days. If I ever get time to take it out.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did a little flex testing yesterday at the shop. Did better than I was expecting. I probably could have gone a little more.

Bossman joined in

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Small update
Went to Hollister for a day trip. Left at 6am.

did some trails. i think there was like ten people there. didnt get many pictures. But got stuck...

Got some body damage. Should have built sliders first. oh well.

I also ordered some longer control arms. mostly because I got lazy. they are 1 1/4" longer than stock. Shockingly I didnt have to cut out the old cam bolts to put them in...

Fits a little better in the fender

·
Registered
25 Posts
i so want to do this with my 2500 . hate those stupid blocks .. any advice ?
how do you find the wheel hop now ?

Update
Got the fuel tank moved
I need to figure something out for the filler to make it look cleaner. It does work though. I might be a redneck, but i ain't that redneck...

Got the parts from Artec Ind. They are awesome and fit great. they come with 7/16" grade 8. Im using 1/2" so i drilled them out. Also my bumper is mounted with the same bolts so I burned them in. Less of a pain to remove the bumper.

Also some Ruff Stuff spring perches to move the axle back

Super happy how it turned out and getting rid of the factory blocks. The rear is a little higher than i wanted but Im ok with it.
side note;
super motor keeps turning my photos and i don't know why, i also like my computer so i switched back to shitbucket before my computer ends up in the creek...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i so want to do this with my 2500 . hate those stupid blocks .. any advice ?
how do you find the wheel hop now ?
I'd take your time cutting out the rivets. They are a pain in the ass. I found a bent shackle after Hollister. So I'd try and find some stronger ones too.
I never really had wheel hop or axle wrap or anything before. I mainly did it so I didn't spit out a block. The rear feels a little softer now as well so be aware of that.
I'd recommend Apoc, cant beat the price and they were super helpful getting me the right part.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I'd get me some arms with some Johnny Joints or similar. Those tube arms with poly bushings are going to bind. Arms like that came on a TJ I had, a stock YJ would out flex that thing they bound so bad. The stockers flex the whole length of the link, so bushings are ok. With tube, not so much.
Travis..

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Ya I was pretty sure that was going to be the case. I did have a method to my madness though. Bushings were in pretty bad shape. Truck has 240k on it. I figured pushing the front axle forward at the same time would be beneficial. $7-800 for arms with heims or Jonny joints didn't seem smart when I plan to do the ruff stuff radius arms when I swap the axles and 39.5s. These were $300. Figured it was a good compromise. And I was being lazy...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I got some used Beard seats put in with some Crow harnesses

My buddy said something was missing on the front bumper. He had a shock hoop laying around and I had some left over DOM.

The End
for now

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I don't know what the hell happened happened. thought it was just on my end.
Hopefully its fixed now. Well the last ones anyway...:mad3:

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Can't forget the donkey dick :eek: :flipoff2: I imagine the blurry pics are some photobucket BS.
Travis..

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well since I've got plenty of spare time these days, here's a little update.

Went to Pismo for the Turf and Surf with my Land Cruiser buddies. Truck does great in the sand, but it does have some axle wrap. Had a bunch of fun.

Then went to The Hammers for Thanksgiving, I bent my tie-rod and driver u-joint on Chocolate Thunder the first trail of the first night. Luckily I had spares and slightly bent the spare tie-rod immediately. Then it was spectating and light trails for the rest of the trip. Still had a blast.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts