Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a 96 gc. on xmas her rear just locked up. I hanked her into the closet parking lock. The rear locked and un locked. She got it towed to my house this after noon. do to rain i have not had a chance to look at it. They moved it in the yard some. It locked and unlocked a couple of time. It has disk breaks and is all time 4wd. Not saying it could not happen but have never heard of disk breaks locking so was thinking the ebreak set up. anyone else have any thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
69 Posts
kind of need more details. did the brakes lock up or the axle? if its the axle pull the diff cover and make sure everything is ok and nothing is broken like teeth on gears, spider gears and the cross shaft

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got out last night and got the breaks and drive shaft off. the e breaks were rusted in place, so don't think that was it. I can turn the yoke with no problems but it is very loose and can move it all around so I'm guessing so much play it might be binding. got to get the cover off to know better.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
been working on getting it out a littel each night after work. I would like to know what the hell jeep was thinking with all thoses torks bolts. It a 44.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts