Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has got me beat for the life of me. I can't seem to find a lift for a 97 4 Runner. Lookin for a friend of mine who wants a little more aggresive look on her rig. Nothing for major offraod, just for a hot chick in a sweet runner. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome to pirate....nice first post...

Try superlift orr, uhh rancho, or trailmaster, or uhh I don't know, Performance accessories probably has a body lift for it.. someone has to have a lift out there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've checked all those out already. Thats where I started. Everything for the 4Runner seems to stop at 95, nothing beyond that. For lifts newer than that, thay have stuff for Tacos. Are the suspension set ups similar to where you can swap parts and possibly use a taco lift? I'm lost here.... :confused:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
swiss said:
Yeah, I've checked all those out already. Thats where I started. Everything for the 4Runner seems to stop at 95, nothing beyond that. For lifts newer than that, thay have stuff for Tacos. Are the suspension set ups similar to where you can swap parts and possibly use a taco lift? I'm lost here.... :confused:
try a wagoneer dana 44 and a set of rancho 44044 leaf springs. in the rear, all pro's 4-5'' 56'' long leafs will probably suit your rig well. you can use the earlier model 'ifs' steering box with a 'crossover' system, instead of the rack and pinion

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
One of the only places to get a suspension lift for a 3rd gen 4runner is Xtreme Off Road. Try them here. Extreme Off road

Sway aways are about 1" longer than the Kings, but the kings use standard 14" coil and they are 2.5 dia where the Sway aways are 2.0.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
Try the TTORA boards. there is a guy on there that goes by cornbredNE that makes spacer lifts for it.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I put a 2.5" Old Man Emu lift on my DD '97 Runner. Bought it from www.wheelersoffroad.com
Looks a lot less car-like now, but still drives well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes, Tacoma's and 4Runner's use the same front suspension. But where the Taco uses leafs in the back Runner's use coils and links.

Check this article to help you figure out which way to go for the front.
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/viewarticle.php?id=53

And to lift the rear to match, I'd suggest using Old Man Emu coils and shocks, they will give about 3".

If you want more total lift than 3" without using long-travel or a straight axle, add one of Rogers body lifts to get a few extra inches.

Of course you could just use some really cheap coil-spacers for only a few hundred $ total but the ride will suffer...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts