Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, no help, where is the best place to get a coil spacer lift for a 97 ranger?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nope, coil sprung TTB. And check 4wheel parts, or any other vendor.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
FordCarnage said:
You don't want coil spacers. They will only jack up your camber. Remember you have the scissor suspension.
Thats why you realign the camber :rolleyes:

You can go about 1.5" thick on the spacers (for 2" total lift) while still having enough range on the camber/caster adjustment to realign it.

As for where to get, your local hardware store (read) or your Ford dealer (read).

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's. I'm posting this for a friend. He doesn't really wheel this, he just wants some xtra clearance.

4x4Junkie, so 2 inches of spacer lift will leave enough room for camber/caster adjustment, that sounds perferct. What size tires will he be able to fit. He is willing to do some fender triming and we already moved the front bumper forward 2 inches.

Rabid ranger, what diameter would you make them, and would you suggest an inner "lip" to fit inside the coil. If not what would you use to secure the spacer to the coil or coil mount.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
With fender trimming, 33x12.50s on 15x8 rims should be possible.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4x4junkie said:
With fender trimming, 33x12.50s on 15x8 rims should be possible.
How much fender trimming would be required with a 1.5 inch spacer to clear 33x12.5?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
SpineTx said:
How much fender trimming would be required with a 1.5 inch spacer to clear 33x12.5?
All of it! I ran 10.50s like this for a while on stock rims & it worked with little rubbing.. 12.50s on 8" rims with 3.75 bs rubbed like no other

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yeah, you'll be trimming a fair amount to clear 12.50s and just a spacer lift.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The ones I made for mine were just 3/4" plate steel with a hole in the center, just dropped em in under the spring on the axle. Had to do this after the Duff springs I had sagged.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Why not do this instead? This is the ONLY way to lift a TTB IMHO.

Camburg (shameless sponsor plug) http://www.camburg.com/fords1P4x4.html

Got a friend with an Autofab kit http://www.autofab.com/mdl28kit.htm on a '89 Ranger prerunner, and he gets almost 19" of travel w/ stock halfshafts and steering. He's done at least 2,000 miles off road in Baja alone (Supports Locos Mocos pit crew for the Baja 1000) and beats the thing like you can't believe.

I realize it's pricey, but so is getting stuck inthe boonies because you afro-engineered something.

Billy

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Billy_Manfroy said:
Why not do this instead? This is the ONLY way to lift a TTB IMHO.

Camburg (shameless sponsor plug) http://www.camburg.com/fords1P4x4.html

Got a friend with an Autofab kit http://www.autofab.com/mdl28kit.htm on a '89 Ranger prerunner, and he gets almost 19" of travel w/ stock halfshafts and steering. He's done at least 2,000 miles off road in Baja alone (Supports Locos Mocos pit crew for the Baja 1000) and beats the thing like you can't believe.

I realize it's pricey, but so is getting stuck inthe boonies because you afro-engineered something.

Billy

James duff is only $1100 :flipoff2:

Pic was taken with two swaybars attatched & not fully extended. This thing will max out a hilift with both front tires on the ground.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
el ranger loco said:
James duff is only $1100 :flipoff2:

Pic was taken with two swaybars attatched & not fully extended. This thing will max out a hilift with both front tires on the ground.
Why/how would you even compare that to what I posted? Woo hoo for you. 2.5 whole inches, huh? Nice drop brackets and lift blocks. That's a really neato stat about the jack! Oh, and it's $1,199.95 ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE DOLLARS AND NINETY-FIVE CENTS??? You got reamed, sparky. Did they at least grease it first?

Now back that mall queen up and hit that ditch at about 50 and get back to us. You can even unhook your sway bars if you think that'll somehow help. Be sure to post some video.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Billy_Manfroy said:
Why/how would you even compare that to what I posted? Woo hoo for you. 2.5 whole inches, huh? Nice drop brackets and lift blocks. That's a really neato stat about the jack! Oh, and it's $1,199.95 ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE DOLLARS AND NINETY-FIVE CENTS??? You got reamed, sparky. Did they at least grease it first?

Now back that mall queen up and hit that ditch at about 50 and get back to us. You can even unhook your sway bars if you think that'll somehow help. Be sure to post some video.
Because that shit you posted is still bolt on & still ttb.. Oh & fuck you thats not even my truck. :flipoff2: Also for what its worth, no blocks [deavers] & this truck is running 33s on that 2.5" of lift & has near zero body roll. You are just under the impression that money = performance.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
el ranger loco said:
Because that shit you posted is still bolt on & still ttb.. Oh & fuck you thats not even my truck. :flipoff2: Also for what its worth, no blocks [deavers] & this truck is running 33s on that 2.5" of lift & has near zero body roll. You are just under the impression that money = performance.
You're still here? So you mean to say that's not even yours, it's just your dream truck?!? The "shit" I posted IS still bolt on and IS still TTB, but it's CUT AND TURNED TTB you fag! AND THEY COME WITH THE KITS! Do you even know what that means? Money does not ALWAYS equal performance, but drop brackets ALWAYS = shit. 33" tires? You'd better not have any body roll, and you'd better not turn the wheels, either. Most people who go off-road prefer the tires not to hit anything in the fender wells.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Billy_Manfroy said:
You're still here? So you mean to say that's not even yours, it's just your dream truck?!? The "shit" I posted IS still bolt on and IS still TTB, but it's CUT AND TURNED TTB you fag! AND THEY COME WITH THE KITS! Do you even know what that means? Money does not ALWAYS equal performance, but drop brackets ALWAYS = shit. 33" tires? You'd better not have any body roll, and you'd better not turn the wheels, either. Most people who go off-road prefer the tires not to hit anything in the fender wells.
Wow! you are one brilliant dude!.

Not everyone is into the "prerunner" thing here. Have you even read the title at the top of this forum?? "Extreme Rockcrawling"? All that cut-beam tire scrub and jacking certainly don't do anything to help your roll stability when you're teetering at an angle while creeping along on a rocky cliffside trail. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
SpineTx said:
Thanks for the reply's. I'm posting this for a friend. He doesn't really wheel this, he just wants some xtra clearance.

4x4Junkie, so 2 inches of spacer lift will leave enough room for camber/caster adjustment, that sounds perferct. What size tires will he be able to fit. He is willing to do some fender triming and we already moved the front bumper forward 2 inches.

Rabid ranger, what diameter would you make them, and would you suggest an inner "lip" to fit inside the coil. If not what would you use to secure the spacer to the coil or coil mount.
To answer the original question.....

I wanted the same as your friend, a little more height; just to level the truck out. I didnt like the idea of spring spacers, I wanted a full coil to lift. I went with the Skyjacker 2" lift, which was a set of taller, beefed up coils in the front, and you have your choice for the rear. You can leave the stock lift blocks, or do as I did, and put in the Skyjacker 2" leafs. I went with Explorer Pro Comp ES9000 shocks all around, just the standard length for stock to 2" lift. For less than $500, I had a mild lift with improved ride. (Okay, I only spent $200, but thats what happens when you work for a retailer)

I am running 31x10.50R15 Khumos MT's on stock 15x7 rims, with no rubbing issues. I could probably go to a 33x10.50R15 and have no issues, except possibly in full compression on the front. I have a nice look, with plenty of room for the tires. One bonus to it, I am able to carry about 1200lbs before it settles onto the helper leafs of the Skyjacker springs in the rear.

If you want to go the spring block route, look at ebay. Last I looked there were a dozen or more sets on there for around $50.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts