Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
I hate to be the safety slug, but.... Take your two tires, stack em' and throw them under the tranny just in case.

What axles are you gonna use? Toy front? That is gonna be a sweet ride:smokin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
4xguy said:
thanks i will be the first to say safty never takes a holiday. yes the front is toyota longs 30 spline,arb,5.29s,trussed,high steer.w56 trany with marlins 23 spline 2.3 and 4.7 tc.Stock rear with 5.29s and arb:p
This brother knows how to get it done :grinpimp:

·
Registered
839 Posts
are you using a front diamond axle? the stock toy will be to narrow. those are the same width as taco stuff

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
e-hills4x4 said:
are you using a front diamond axle? the stock toy will be to narrow. those are the same width as taco stuff
x2

Diamond or D44 would be much better width wise

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
The body on those rigs isnt any wider than an earlier Toy, so a stock Toy axle w/ spacers like everyone else runs should be fine.

I've thought about buying a 2wd/4cyl 3rd gen runner and doing the same thing by moving all my parts over to it, so this will be interesting to watch. :cool2:
I'd really like a 3.4L, but there is a big price jump and I'd have to get a V6 adapter and upgrade to 23 spline t-cases and... $$$

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I saw that 2wd runner and looked at your profile, itza Cali truck. I have seen maybe 2 runners that were 2wd while working as a yota tech in the northeast. Talk about rare. I went to Florida, they are all prerunners or 2wd. Those rear jackstands gotta go:eek: Thats going to be one sweet ride.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
4xguy said:
front is lookin good could of finished but had to order a 3in longer drag link.Brake lines and shock towers done u bolts 100 lbs + :p
Good job on that shackle angle. Most peeps SAS's angles are non-existant :)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What springs did you end up using? Very nice

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
tanman2003 said:
is it possible to have the shackle go through the frame, or is a late model 4runners frame really wierd there?
I would think as long as you sleeved it correctly and had the correct offset shackles it should be just like any other truck

1 - 20 of 89 Posts