Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised a continuation off my old 1971 K5 build thread found here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553755
So after much thought and discussion decided to just go ahead and loose the full size huge k5 body. Was a long day yesterday but removed and sold the body to a guy in Billings then headed to Bozeman and bought this 97 GMC Sonoma. I am starting with my 71 k5s frame with my 454, th400, 203/205, d60, 14ff, 43SXs on recentered H1 wheels. During this build I am also adding TBI fuel injection on the engine. So far what I am starting with as of today:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have to follow this thread, even though I fundamentally disagree with chopping up a 1st gen blazer to build a hybrid. Use a square body at least!!

However, I totally loved the ideas & progress that Matt had/has, so I'll keep up with the new build here.

On to the progress pics already!!

Later,
Buddy

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Got body on last weekend, fit really nice. Shifters came through floor perfectly, engine clears good. Radiator will have to go in front of the core support is all. Frame is about 2" from floorboards on main part of cab and 3/4" from back of cab and fenders clear the lines off the steering gear by about 1/2".

·
Registered
500 Posts
Got body on last weekend, fit really nice. Shifters came through floor perfectly, engine clears good. Radiator will have to go in front of the core support is all. Frame is about 2" from floorboards on main part of cab and 3/4" from back of cab and fenders clear the lines off the steering gear by about 1/2".

Dude... that looks badass!!!! :smokin: You're gonna have to 4-link the front too for 90* approach angle :D

Are you guys Finally getting indoor plumbing out there in Wyoming?
:lmao:

1 - 20 of 371 Posts