Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to TTP today and saw a set of 97 Taco 4x2 Rear springs that measured 51" long with 22.5" from front of spring to the center pin. They had 2 main leafs with 1 over load. I know some people run the 51" year 89 to 95 rear springs up front but is there anything different about these 97 Taco 4x2 springs which measure at 51" also? I plan on mixing some YJ's in with this pack and want to make sure I am not missing something here and want to make sure the 4x2 pack is ok to use up front. The leafs look really thin.

·
Registered
342 Posts
not sure bout the 4x2 , but the 95.5 to 97 rear springs are pure shit, i do think that they got recalled or whatever, they can snap curb crawlin, atleast find a set of 98 or newer if ya want some decent springs.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Roc Dog said:
Want to use the 51"ers to get rid of this. I want to see 45* angle while still using the stock mounting location.
That looks familar.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,184 Posts
Roc Dog said:
I went to TTP today and saw a set of 97 Taco 4x2 Rear springs that measured 51" long with 22.5" from front of spring to the center pin. They had 2 main leafs with 1 over load. I know some people run the 51" year 89 to 95 rear springs up front but is there anything different about these 97 Taco 4x2 springs which measure at 51" also? I plan on mixing some YJ's in with this pack and want to make sure I am not missing something here and want to make sure the 4x2 pack is ok to use up front. The leafs look really thin.
Consider doing what Booger did - just replace the main and military leaf in your AP pack with the same leafs from the Taco pack... Should help give you similar lift w/ a longer spring...

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
be careful! i took a set of 51" rears for shits and giggles and put them in my front hanger to try and rid myself of the vert shackle, they were WAY too long and the shackle couldnt even connect. youll have to build another shackle mount to use them, or just get some 47 inchers, add 3 all pros to the bottom of the 3 47"ers, you cant beat it, promise...

·
Registered
564 Posts
they had a lot of people snapping the taco rears, so in '98 i believe they added another leaf, making them 3 leaf packs with an overload. but i would just swap out the mail leaf and run what you already have it you're happy with them

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would definately get a set of 98+ Taco springs if I were you. I had a 98 Tacoma and the rear springs flexed like mad! Beware that those springs had a BAD tendency to squeek like a beatch. I would suggest getting a pack, pull them apart, paint them with that graphite based paint, or get some springs pads in there before you use them. They are really flat springs so you should have good flex with them. Like the others said the length may be your main problem. May have to go with another main leaf...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts