Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I have been in the WEROCK circle for a little while. It was fun and expensive like everything else. Tired of traveling long distances to just wheel for a few minutes. Thought about building up a trail worthy rig with highway roads accessible in mind. Sure I will still use the enclosed trailer to haul for long weekend getaways or small events.

What I got and some ideas..

-97 TJ 4cyl TUB Salvage Title, hmm Registering

-2002 5.3, Novak headers, wiring
-2002 4L80E, Advanced adapter with VSS
-Atlas 5.0 with 1300 flanges
-2002 Ford Superduty F350/F450 HP60 axles shortened
-Unit Bearings (TG)
-Rear Unit Bearing Pockets, Spidertrax
-ARB's, 488's
-17" wheels
-37x12.50x17 MTR Kevlars
-Tundra Brakes.. Secret
-Genright Rear Full Stretch Corners
-Genright Rockers
-Genright 05-06 Fuel tank, higher PSI for LS engine
-1998 Durango Steering Box
-4qty 16" FOA 2.0 remote res Coilovers
-7/8" heims, 1.5" DOM .250 lower links, 1.5 .120 upper links
-1 3/4" DOM Roll cage material
-Race Trim Seats
-2x3 and 2x4 steel tube frame .120 wall

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waiting on chasis CNC tabs being cut for frame up and driveline/suspensions. 8 hours of auto cadd dimensions and designs off to hypertherm, where my buddy is an engineer. Why not cut useful parts rather than R&D parts that get tossed in the scrap barrel..

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been lazy lately, buying Genright bolt on parts and making targets. Tired of that stock toyota crap kicking around. Thought I would use some spare axle shafts for small projects. I would rather use spare parts for my own projects than sell them at a slap in the face price from half of the people out there wanting a deal..

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
What is that fuel filler off of?

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is that fuel filler off of?
Filler neck is from the Genright Rear quarter stretch kit. Relocates the filler so if you wanted to run a stock flare it will work. It's a super thin cheap plastic piece. The one I got that which I stuffed in the hole got crushed in the shipping, have to ask Genright for a new one, better since their crap isn't cheap..

Still waiting on Plasma parts being cut, always that favor that can slow you down. Sometimes full price gets the job done on time..

Ordered a filler tube and Pump lock ring from the dealer for the gas tank, rather cheap. Better deal than used parts on CAR-PART.COM.. Although I did get a used 05-06 fuel pump assembly with 20K miles for 85 bucks.

Wanted the fuel tank all set up so I can stuff under neath and make the frame around and incorporate the coilovers..

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
looking clean so far any more progress pics, reminds me of my build, just need to get the rest of the parts for my 5.3 and Im back on the trail!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Totally slacking.... Hand surgery, New puppy, Dog house, Snowmbile and snowboard season, Garage heater install, Hunting, New tooling, ETC How can you get anything done, Oh and the woman... Gee

New FOA shocks came in yesterday.

Updates shortly.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what the outside tire to outside tire measurement you are using?

85-87" Outside of tire to outside of tire. Have a few sets of MTR's, one set on 4.5 BS and once set on 2.5" BS SO the 2.5" will be 91" Outside tire dims

1 - 20 of 314 Posts