Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a little background.... I bought a TJ when I finished college and drive it for a few years but never really got to do a lot to it or with it, it was just a fun way to get introduced to the world of Jeep. I did have a lot of plans for that Jeep, but then comes love, then comes marriage...... then comes a truck to haul all the stuff for the house you're renovating.

Fast forward a couple of years, and a couple of states, and we had settled into a new home. Not needing the truck as much, I felt pulled to look for another jeep. And the one I found was another 97.

Another ten years and lots of miles later and I'm finally able to start some of the work on this thing that I've been thinking of since I bought my first jeep 23 years ago (seriously, where does the time go?)

So, where it stands now:

2.5L (say what you will but I've put nearly 400k on these engines between the two jeeps, and they've not let me down.)
AX-5 (see note above)
2" spacer lift
33" MTRs
1" mml
1.25" bl

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not the prettiest thing, but then again neither am I, so we go well together.

But, I've been collecting parts for a bit and today started replacing the spacer lift with 3" springs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And removing the rear bumper and old hitch took more sawzall blades than sockets.....

But it finally gave and I was able to bolt the new plate bumper on....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then this happened...

It had started to feel a bit odd on the way home, but I didn't expect to find this. I pulled off the highway and had it towed home. At first I thought it was just one wheel, but the nuts on a second wheel were loose and a nut was missing from a third.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm assuming that I either over-tightened or under-tightened the nuts? I'd suggest someone tried to take them, but the only time the Jeep sat still long enough was overnight at the campsite with us sleeping less than 10 feet away.

Is there something else that could cause this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts