Pirate 4x4 banner

im doin a rear 14 bolt but what about the front?

• HP D60

Votes: 88 56.4%
  • spidertrax 9

Votes: 68 43.6%
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was just ganna post up from when i got the jeep up to now for some feedback and what have you. ill update as i add. its my first thread by the way ;)

as for the plans...

-HP 60 front
-14 bolt rear
-ARB front and rear
-rear stretch with custom corners, goin as far back while leavin all the back corner panel sorta like white crackers
-flares will all be removable and modled after my fenders with harsh arcs.
-repair frame and mount steering higher and forward doin a front streach. we will see how far
-coil overs in the front
-and misc body mods.
-roll cage with an agressive look

the style im lookin for is a clean rig to drive to the trails and ride great. i want it to have a military look as the green, still tryin to see how to incorparate this in the build

now im 19 and in college, money comes slow so will the build. its in the non-hardcore remember that but i hope to end with a jeep that is top notch and has attention to detail

bought it bone stock 97' tj with 58,000 miles about 2 years ago

and like all the kids out their i first blew money on the stereo and exuast :shaking:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whats your big plans for it? Or are you just doin little things to it? (for now?)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
started breakin chit... axle plew up, track bar mount ripped off 3 times, shock mount on a rock, puntured gas tank ext... lol so i started up gradin

i got chromoly shafts front and rear and limited in the rear. didnt want to pour money into them cuz i want to build some bigger axles.

next i trilinked it to drop the dam track bar :flipoff2:

broke the steerin so i got the rusty system.

welded and gusseted the mounts that i kept breakin and trussed my over worked dana 30

see the sled? welll..... that and a ski rope.... racing down the irrigation canals lol you get the picture

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
kept maxin the b1t3h out so i did some tube fenders and after a rock in its ribs i got some protection. plus sold my 50% tread irocks and got some 37x14 bias since i got a new comuter

farewell fenders!!!

these guards are sick! i first gusseted the insides like mad and added a panel on the inside to sandwhich the things!

the steps have 6 positions to mount.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fixin the frame.

this is how it looked after the accident for thoes that did not see...

first i had to cut the old cross member off with a Plasma cutter

got the new stock for the cross member. penny for refference, thought it would be beefier:wink:

ok i was just kiddin heres the new one

its still a huge improvment

too show the difference in thickness

clean it all up

we were about to bend it back but decided it would only weaken it. it was barely off and the jeep drives fine. im just ganna gusset the thing and move the steerin box up and forward a bit so i can streach the front down the road. too close any ways :)

welded it up

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you get altitude sickness driving it?
that's way high for 36's. Nice effects on the pictures.
thanks bro, but i know hight gets knocked all the time. side hills make me pucker but i do like the highth lol i flex it out still and it drives great. perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
now im tryin to figure how to relocate the steerin box up and forward a bit into my new space. or even a new box their. havnt looked hard... not sure how the shaft works or what not. if you read this and know of a good write up or any ideas feel free to post.

i plan on goin coil overs and streachin front and rear some day soon. goin 40's

1 - 20 of 263 Posts