Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this computer mount for my swap and it fits perfectly. The bad part is that it's plastic and is about to break.

GM Part number 10284308
98 ECM PCM LS1 Bracket Tray Camaro SS Firebird Trans Am Computer WS6 | eBay

Anyone know of a better solution, short of fabricating something myself?

Edit: I have a 97-98 Corvette / F-body computer, same as the picture in post 3.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that one on ebay, and it looks awesome. Sadly it won't fit my 98 computer. Mine looks like this

·
Premium Member
4,936 Posts
How about just buying some 10-24 standoffs and mount it to any flat chunk of metal?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How about just buying some 10-24 standoffs and mount it to any flat chunk of metal?
I'd love to, but mine doesn't have any mounting locations like the newer computer.
GM 15995679 (I think) late model s10 PCM mount. $5-10 at the junkyard or order off the net.

Edit: sorry. Wrong style pcm
That was my first try after google, sadly didn't fit.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I have one at my shop that the guy just took the metal shell off the computer and welded some tabs onto it. then reinstalled the guts back into shell. Said it is just 4 bolts on end and it all slides out easily. Might be another option for ya.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Saw that. Sadly not too many posts in there relate to my computer. I edited the first post to reflect.

Edit: Actually, this one is for my old style pcm: http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1209817-pcm-mounting-options-2.html#post15049293

I have one at my shop that the guy just took the metal shell off the computer and welded some tabs onto it. then reinstalled the guts back into shell. Said it is just 4 bolts on end and it all slides out easily. Might be another option for ya.
That's really not a bad idea. I have a radiator guy that does great TIG work, I'm sure he'd oblige. Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time for a bump. This has been ratchet strapped to the bottom of my battery box for 2 years. Looking for a better solution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts